Low level Powers

PenBoy99

First Post
Will NOW or some supplement include something for "powers," e.g., street level supers, Dresden-Files type characters, etc. I think the system would be great for this! And there are several D6 supers games.

easl

Explorer
I tend to think the magic rules as written are more Dresden-like than sword n' sorcery. While all the capability to be sword n' sorcery is there, it requires high skill levels to sling around big fireballs and such. If you build a mage and spread around 1- and 2- point skills in a wide variety of things, then they'll basically be casting cantrips and spells just a little more powerful.

PenBoy99

First Post
Totally agree.

What if I want to run something like Witchcraft? Is there a way to build characters w/ weird abilities (low powered supers or supernaturals)?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yes, NOW contains four races (or heritages as we're calling them in that book), one of which is the mutant. The mutant has superpowers.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't give release dates. Never have. But Action Careers, the character creation section, is in layout.

OLD literally just came out a few weeks ago. Eric, the layout artist, moved straight to NOW.

Khaalis

Adventurer
Cool. Wasn't sure at all how far along the development for NOW was. Been following since the KS and so much has changed over time it gets hard to keep track of sometimes. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, that's just the fun of following the development of something! It's a feature, not a bug! :D

Remove ads