Ok GMs... I have a question

Greetings fellow GMs... Have a question for you. I have a situation with a young campaign (session #2 on tap for next week) that includes two n00bs to tabletop RPGs. They have exhibited witty banter at and away from the game table and are both intelligent, reasonable individuals. And I have an excellent way to squeak in a bit more world crunch through their characters' respective religions...

Is this too much too fast for new roleplayers? Or should I just go for it?

#mazesandperils #damnIforgothowmuchIenjoyGMing

http://www.moebiusadventures.com/zhilin-campaign-journal-5-forces-in-opposition/

Igwilly

First Post
I don’t know exactly what would be the problem but…
First: to be fair, I hate the word “noob”. A more appropriate term now would be “newbie”.
Second: each person has his/her own learning curve when it’s about RPGs. If they are handling fine, then just continue what you was doing. If they show signs that you are pushing too much information, then holding back is a good thing.
Also, speaking for myself: you don’t have to tell everything about the setting right away. In fact, discovering fluff as the campaign goes on is a great way to reveal what you need but not too much of what they won’t deal with.
However, I’m terribly bad at non-spoken language, so I would just ask them. But the important is knowing how they’re dealing with that.
Also, third: I don’t think hashtags have any effect here, to be honest.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I think hashtags are no a form of speech. Utterances in their own right. My young boys, both elementary school aged salt in hashtag talk in their normal conversation. They don't even have access to Twitter. Just something they picked up as school and perhaps from some of the YouTube channels I let them watch.

Son one does something silly-stupid and son two yells out "hashtag derpie."

#old-man-who-still-gets-upset-by-Web-typed-in-lowercase

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Can't anything with "hash" in it is good.

I read hash and I think of a pleasant Sunday morning.

You may disagree, but I'm sure we can hash it out.

#badhashpuns

As usual, with this sort of thing, the best advice is to talk it out with these players of yours.

Something like, "Hey, you [player number one] and [player number two] seem to be enjoying [aspect of game x]. I've got some cool ideas for [aspect of game y] that I think we could introduce into play to [result gamma]. What are your thoughts on [related element zed]?" is a good way to go about this sort of conversation.

hashtag youcandoit!

[MENTION=6801225]Igwilly[/MENTION] - n00b -> newbie. check

And thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate it. That's pretty much what I'm hearing from everyone - dive in, see how it goes, and adjust accordingly.

Remove ads