Deathworlders

Howdy! I'm looking at running a game pretty heavily inspired by the Deathworlders story by Hambone. The key thing I'm trying to emulate is the sense that humans are physical powerhouses. They are stronger and hardier than other alien species. An average human being able to kill an average alien with it's bare hands. Alien weapons (before humans really hit the stage) that are considered instantly lethal are about as damaging as a decent punch to a human. Fatal if just right, or in a high enough quantity, but otherwise survivable.

I'm not really looking to use the standard species in the book, because the playable race will be humans. I'm trying to figure out how to portray the aliens, mechanically, to reflect that they are weaker and more vulnerable to both physical damage and disease.

I was thinking of just having the pre-human galatic weapons just being pretty weak, and having all the aliens have a general vulnerability to physical damage of say, 1d6 or 2d6. I was also thinking of saying that effectively aliens have a much lower maximum strength and endurance. A 4 or 5 maybe.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

This is the URL to the story if anyone is interested. I've found it a very fun read.

http://hfy-archive.org/book/deathworlders

Yeah, but I was trying to keep the feeling of playing human capabilities. If I make them stronger, then they're lifting way more weight than we know is normal or even possible for human. I guess it would be tons easier to just scrap that thought and make them tougher though.

M3woods

Explorer

Attachments

• HunterStat.jpg
    HunterStat.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 3,704
Last edited:

Remove ads