D&D 5E Shipwrecked: Secret Island of the Shark-People[Recruiting]

Enfendas Irloso

First Post
You all awake on the beach, your last memory being of the ship you were taking to reach Baldur's Gate crashing into the reef and throwing you and many others overboard. Looking around you can see that a few others have washed up on the beach as well, but they seem no less confused than you. You seem to have lost all of your gear, save for any armor you may have been wearing and a couple other items you keep on your person. You see that a single crate seems to have survived the wreck, but as you approach it you see three other creatures doing the same. Those approaching the crate seem to be some sort of muscle-bound Humanoid Shark-people, armed with tridents. They haven't seemed to notice you, but they're making a beeline towards the crate...

So, I'm looking for 3-6 players to participate, if this sounds like it'll interest any of you. It's going to be focused on staying alive and trying to escape the island, while you stumble upon the secrets of the lost city of Oceanica: a city of Shark-people, Squid-men, and humanoid crustaceans.

Character Creation:
-5th Level, with 32 Points for stats using the point-buy system
-Max HP at first level, do Max-2 to calculate HP after 1st level
-ASIs at 4th level and so on will be a single stat point AND a feat, rather than the normal choice between 2 points or a feat
-Bonus feat at 1st level, but no variant humans allowed
-Good alignments are preferred, but you can be neutral if you insist
-Starting gear will be your choice of any armor(excluding full plate and half-plate), a +1 weapon of your choice, one uncommon magic item(not a weapon or armor), a full waterskin, and a Potion of Healing
-Allowed sources will be the PHB, SCAG, VGtM, and the EEPC

Enfendas Irloso

First Post
Are you allowing any content from Unearthed Arcana, such as revised ranger or some of the class paths or variants?
I am, on a case-by-case basis. At the time I didn't feel like going through all of the UA to decide what I'd allow, so I'll just approve UA stuff as you guys ask to use it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I am in. I would like to play a human battlemaster fighter soldier with mounted combat. Could my horse have survived the wreck? Or should I forget that bit and do something else with the feat?

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

Enfendas Irloso

First Post
I am in. I would like to play a human battlemaster fighter soldier with mounted combat. Could my horse have survived the wreck? Or should I forget that bit and do something else with the feat?

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app
You won't have the horse, BUT I will allow you to train one of the native creatures as a mount once you guys get past your arrival and get started on the survival aspect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Enfendas Irloso

First Post
Yeah, that's what I mean. He just preps Find Steed for a day, and he's good. :)
Indeed, but does the spell specify that the steed you find is a horse? I can look at the spell myself if need be, but if it just summons a nearby steed then it might not end up being a horse when it shows up....

Remove ads