The Adventurer's Guide to Dungeons

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
3 out of 5 rating for The Adventurer's Guide to Dungeons

I'm not a fan of dungeon tiles, even though I have quite a big collection. They seem to be more trouble to plan and set up than they are worth. Much easier to print a dungeon map in my opinion.

But if you are a fan of dungeon tiles, you may want to take a look at these. It is far easier to travel with a pack of these cards than the larger, card board dungeon tiles from WoTC.

I was hoping, based on the Kickstarter description, that I could use these to build randomize dungeons, but they don't really work well for that. You need to go through the deck and fit things together.

I mainly bought these for my young sons to use to run games. They find it easier to play with, and enjoy using, dungeon tiles. These cards are especially kid friendly. Unlike WoTC dungeon titles, these cards are all the same size and fit together in all directions making it fairly easy to build a dungeon building-block style. We use use these cards in with No Thank You, Evil! and Hero Kids. My 7 year old can use the NTYE adventure-building card, along with these to tiles—or, even easier—pick up a bunch of minis and just these cards for a Hero Kids dungeon crawl, to run dad through a game on the fly.

While they didn't blow me away and are unlikely to find much use at my adult game table, they are useful and good quality for the price. Definitely worth a look for those who like dungeon tiles or for kids who need a simple way to create dungeons.

Remove ads