First session questions

GLazelle

First Post
Hi,

Couple of questions arose during our first full session:

1/ The demonic possession power - how does this work? Triggering it is easy enough, but the consequences are unclear on pg. 268. (I treated it as a persistent Domination/Dominated condition). When it says it uses "all actions" does this include free and reactions? Does this mean spending luck for an extra action provides no benefit? What happens to the demons corporeal form whikst the possession is ongoing?

2/ How do conditions work if I have multiple durations on one track (say I have a temporary bleeding condition and later take a fixed duration bleeding condition?

3/ Do fixed duration conditions disappear completely after the time period, or drop one level per time period?

4/ Do I choose to spend luck before or after the die roll?

5/ How does medical aid work (other than emergency healing)? One of my players has the medicine skill and a healing kit, but I can't figure out how they are used (other than for herbalism and disease)?

6/ Do you need to be a flanking character to claim the flanking attack bonus? Or once the target is flanked, is it considered to be flanked for all attackers? (If foes are at 12, 3 and 6 o' clock, does the attacker at 3 get the flanking bonus?).

Thanks!

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

GLazelle

First Post
7/ Are the imps immunities correct? It says fire & poison but also claims to have all of the usual demon immunities (which are essentially everything except for holy and silver)?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
7/ Are the imps immunities correct? It says fire & poison but also claims to have all of the usual demon immunities (which are essentially everything except for holy and silver)?

They are vulnerable to holy and silver. They are immune to fire and poison.

GLazelle

First Post
They are vulnerable to holy and silver. They are immune to fire and poison.
Qouted from the demons entry on pg. 268:

Demons are immune to weapons which do not do holy damage or which are not made of silver.

*edit* Ah, I see this entry has changed on the online bestiary.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hi,

Couple of questions arose during our first full session:

1/ The demonic possession power - how does this work? Triggering it is easy enough, but the consequences are unclear on pg. 268. (I treated it as a persistent Domination/Dominated condition). When it says it uses "all actions" does this include free and reactions? Does this mean spending luck for an extra action provides no benefit? What happens to the demons corporeal form whikst the possession is ongoing?

See the online Bestiary for now, pending the actual Bestiary.

2/ How do conditions work if I have multiple durations on one track (say I have a temporary bleeding condition and later take a fixed duration bleeding condition?

The worst one applies. Good question!

3/ Do fixed duration conditions disappear completely after the time period, or drop one level per time period?

It generally says so in the effect which caused it. Absent an instruction otherwise, it goes away.

4/ Do I choose to spend luck before or after the die roll?

Before.

5/ How does medical aid work (other than emergency healing)? One of my players has the medicine skill and a healing kit, but I can't figure out how they are used (other than for herbalism and disease)?

Welcome to mild grittyville! Healing HEALTH is limited to exploits. The medicine skill has other applications.

6/ Do you need to be a flanking character to claim the flanking attack bonus? Or once the target is flanked, is it considered to be flanked for all attackers? (If foes are at 12, 3 and 6 o' clock, does the attacker at 3 get the flanking bonus?).

Melee requires two diametrically opposite flankers.

GLazelle

First Post
Melee requires two diametrically opposite flankers.
I get that, what I mean is: once I have two diametrically opposite flankers can a third party gain the benefit,

I guess a better way of wording it is this:

Option 1: Once I have two diametric attackers I am considered to be flanked and melee attacks against me get a +1d6 bonus (whether from the two diametric foes, or from another party), i.e.: flanked is a condition that applies to the victim.

Or

Option 2: An attacker who has an allied attacker on the other side of his foe is considered to be flanking, and gwts a +1d6 bonus to his attack, i.e. flanking is a condition that applies to attackers.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I get that, what I mean is: once I have two diametrically opposite flankers can a third party gain the benefit,

I guess a better way of wording it is this:

Option 1: Once I have two diametric attackers I am considered to be flanked and melee attacks against me get a +1d6 bonus (whether from the two diametric foes, or from another party), i.e.: flanked is a condition that applies to the victim.

Or

Option 2: An attacker who has an allied attacker on the other side of his foe is considered to be flanking, and gwts a +1d6 bonus to his attack, i.e. flanking is a condition that applies to attackers.

The two diametrically opposed flankers gain the benefit.

Remove ads