D&D 5E 5e what should I do?

Fuchi Miller

Explorer
Im playing a warlock pact of the tome Great Old One Patron. My DM is including UA stuff. My team has just reached level 7 and I can get a new invocations. So the question is : Which invocation should I take?

I already have Agonizing blast, book of ancient secrets, and eyes of the rune keeper. I took rune keeper because we were at a wizard college so I thought. Lets read all the things!

Thanks for all the help!!

Lanliss

Explorer
UA invocations won't help a Tome-lock much, they were mostly Pact of the Blade ones, IIRC. Armor of shadows is always decent, and/or Fiendish Vigor, as it really sucks to get hit by everything. I have heard some good things about Repelling Blast, but have not tried it personally to offer an opinion.

I just switched off of Fiendish Vigor on my Bladelock, because AC 14 was not cutting it for me, now I will generally be at 17 AC with Armor of Shadows.

UA invocations won't help a Tome-lock much, they were mostly Pact of the Blade ones, IIRC. Armor of shadows is always decent, and/or Fiendish Vigor, as it really sucks to get hit by everything. I have heard some good things about Repelling Blast, but have not tried it personally to offer an opinion.

I just switched off of Fiendish Vigor on my Bladelock, because AC 14 was not cutting it for me, now I will generally be at 17 AC with Armor of Shadows.

You know armor of shadows does not stack with light armor? So a 3 AC bump is uncommon.

ccs

41st lv DM
The invocation I was mostly looking at from UA was the Gaze of Khirad

Then that's what you should take.

When choosing options consider these two things:
1) What fits the campaign your playing?
2) Wich ones help you express the character you envision? Your character is more than just a collection of stat mods/DPR/etc.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
The one I have had the most fun with is Mask of Many Faces. Disguise self at will. Yeah baby. With a bit of deception (I'm sure you have a decent Charisma) it can go a long way. Add the Actor feat and the friends cantrip and you are positively grooving!

Have fun!

Remove ads