[Savage Worlds] Making a magic thief character.

rfkannen

Villager
Hi! So im making my first savage worlds character and I would love your opinion on it.

The basic concept is a wizard/rogue type guy from the city who uses his magic to do crimes. More magic than rogue is the plan. The game is a lot of dungeon crawls and short adventurers.

We are using the born a hero variant rule (you can ignore the novice/veteran requirement on one edge)

race is half folk

Hinderances are: overconvidant, greedy (minor), wanted (minor)

Edges are: arcane backround(magic) and soul drain

Traits are;
Agility d8
smarts d8
spirit d6
strength d6
vigor d4

Skills are
fighting d4
Lockpicking d6
stealth d8
persuasion d6
knowledge arcana d8
spellcasting d8
climbing d6

Powers was the main thing I need help with, I can't pick between

bolt (the gm has ruled we don't have to pick one trapping for bolt and can change it on the fly)

Boost/ lower trait (darkness trapping, flavor as curse)

burrow (darkness trapping, flavor as shadow walk)

Confusion (light trapping, flavor as illusion)

elemental manipulation (no trapping, flavor as prestidigitation)

fear (light, flavor as illusion)

Shape change (no trapping, turn into city animals like rats and pigeons)

smite (not sure on trapping, but I mean come on its smite it looks pretty useful)

wallalker (flavor as spiderclimb)

Also open to other ideas!

Gear isn't the most flavorful but i'm thinking longsword and leather armor

My plan for the character is to in order take the assasin, wizard, and then theif edges. (Stats are made so I can qualify for all 3)
My main things are, I am not entirly sure about the skills, like I feel it might be worth it to take the d4 out of fighting and put it in persuasion?
Also if I take shapechange or wallwalker I have absolutly no use for climb, so it it worth putting any points in their? Should I just not take assassin or thief?
Does this build work? I have never played savage worlds before so I don't know how this would actually play.

Last edited:

Remove ads