Monster Cards for use when PC's do things that require encounters on the fly.

Dastari

First Post
Hi,

A long time ago (2007ish) I downloaded a template for monster cards. Basically, these were cards that had fields for all the stats that you'd need in combat or leading up to combat that you could fill in for monsters that you could prepare in advance as contingency upon players taking certain actions. They were helpful, small little things (I think that they printed out six to a standard 8.5X11 page). They were very portable and easy to use when I needed to keep track of extra monsters. I find that adjusting things on the fly during an actual gaming session is somewhat difficult, because I either have to have the monster manual open in front of me or have everyone wait while I write down extra stats or just prepare every possible contingency ahead of time, which can get tedious work wise and still requires a lot of paper shuffling.

Anyhow, long story short, I lost the file some time ago. Now that I'm gaming again I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find those again or if you know of some other resource that can help with this kind of thing. I want something paperbased for a live session where I have people in the room with me. Please let me know.

Remove ads