(KS) The Storm Has Returned…. In Torg Eternity!

I loved Torg. I remember when it was first released in 1990 our group got the Possibility War bug hard. We were subscribers to the Infiniverse magazine (no mean feat as a UK group pre-internet days) and I certainly wasn’t the only one who brought every new release for the game as soon as it hit the shelves. We played Torg a lot. And I mean “a lot”. I still have a lot of fond memories of the campaigns we had and keep looking longingly at my Torg collection wanting to dust them off and return to explore the Cosms. Well, now that Ulisses Spiele have launched the Kickstarter for Torg Eternity I’m guessing they’ll be a lot more Torg love going round which means they’ll be a lot more games being played. Win win for me ;)

I loved Torg. I remember when it was first released in 1990 our group got the Possibility War bug hard. We were subscribers to the Infiniverse magazine (no mean feat as a UK group pre-internet days) and I certainly wasn’t the only one who brought every new release for the game as soon as it hit the shelves. We played Torg a lot. And I mean “a lot”. I still have a lot of fond memories of the campaigns we had and keep looking longingly at my Torg collection wanting to dust them off and return to explore the Cosms. Well, now that Ulisses Spiele have launched the Kickstarter for Torg Eternity I’m guessing they’ll be a lot more Torg love going round which means they’ll be a lot more games being played. Win win for me ;)

So, what is Torg? Torg is set in the near future and the games general begin shortly after the Storm has begun. On “Day One” the Earth comes under assault from multiple dimensional realities, or cosms, each led by a High Lord. The invading realities alter the natural order of things in the regions they invade, with the people and land largely being moulded to correspond with the new stronger reality the High Lords are imposing. There are areas of land which remain unaffected, the Core Earth, and also those who are somehow unaffected by the new rules – both from Core Earth and also from the various invading realms who may not agree with this (and other) invasions – called Storm Knights who oppose the High Lords themselves.

This new version has been re-imagined and updated. Something that certainly a few of the original Cosms needed in all honesty. “ Every cosm got an overhaul from the ground up, updating those that were out of date given the 30 years that have passed since the original game was released, refocusing some that had gone a little astray as the original game grew, and generally making each realm tougher! We had the luxury of all the development the original team did on the original cosms, so we consolidated some of the most beloved material and worked it in right from the start.

There are plenty of cosms vying for a piece of our planet. From the dark fantasy of Aysle, the savagery of the Living Land, the technological oppression of the Cyberpapacy, the Gothic horror of Orrosh, pulp Nile Empire, demon ruled Tharkold or the action and intrigue of Pan-Pacifica.

The campaign funded in barely a few minutes and could be one of the biggest Kickstarters this year. Something it has in common with a previous record-breaking Kickstarter (I’m looking at you 7th Sea) is that all the original PDFs are included… and that’s A LOT of books!

The Storm has arrived. Are you prepared?

Torg Eternity by Ulisses Spiele is on Kickstarter now until Friday 30th June 2017.

Remove ads

Remove ads