[Mutants & Masterminds / DC Adventures] Freedomverse Issue #1 "Black & White"

Having listened to all the gathered intelligence and the proposed plan, Prometheus casts his gaze into the future. His eyes turn gold as he seeks the path to a desirable result.
OOC: Using Precognition ([roll0]) to see if the plan is likely to go as hoped, and if there will be (otherwise) unexpected complications.

hero4hire

Explorer
[Sblock=Prometheus]The curtains of time part as Prometheus peers into the future. He sees Tarantula appear amd make himself an obvious target. Several shots are fired, but the second clansman described by Hex chuckles roughly. "I was hopin' one of you tights was gonna show. I like an audience." He explodes into a ball of white fire, engulfing the hostages in hot, white death.
OOC: If you haven't already feel free to look at Hex's spoiler section.
[/sblock]

Sent from my SM-G900V using EN World mobile app

"Hold," Prometheus rumbles as his eyes return to normal, "If Tarantula is seen, the hostages will be incinerated. I have seen it." He turns to Hex, "You have seen the hostages and know where they are. Can you bring them out to us?"

Shayuri

First Post
Hex shakes her head. "I mean, I can...but not without going in first. I have to bring them out with me. I could go in and try to box the fire guy in, but that would leave them vulnerable to the gas mask guys."

She pauses then, and gets a thoughtful look.

"Though, I COULD try changing the spell. I could anchor my end here, and try to...sort of...snap it forward and back. I mean...it could work."

"Draw them onto the Thunder Road without a guide?" chortled the spellbook tucked under her arm. "A dangerous task. For them AND for you. Nay, better to let these villains waste their first effort on the hostages...unfortunate as it may be for them. It will give you the upper hand, and let you save this artifact."

Hex hauled the book up and glared at it. "Getting them out safely is the TOP priority. Show me the spell."

"Ungh. Why do you bother asking for my advice when..."

"Just show me!"

"So be it," the Grimoire grumped, and flung itself open in her hands.

(OOC - I could potentially stunt a Selective Teleport Attack with Perception and Area to try to snatch them out while remote viewing. It wouldn't take them FAR, but it could be possible. :))

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
"And I can be pretty darn sneaky if I want to be... maybe if I go in I just attack flame dude and make sure he is NOT focused on the hostages? That should give you all time to get them out safely?" Tarantula added.

OOC: I am totally willing to spend my one and only Hero Point to make sure I make my Stealth roll, which means if I don't roll too go on my first attempt I would get a minimum of a 29 with a Hero Point. I am not sure what Rebel fire dude has for a Perception but I doubt its +19 :D but then if Hex thinks she can pull them away, even if into another room, without them getting attacked that might be better. It all depends on if the fire guy gets a reaction before they are grabbed and disappear

Shayuri

First Post
"It could work," grumbles the Grimoire, "but your revision has a fatal flaw. They could easily fling themselves clear of the spell's effect...and thus be helpless against retaliation. A fine attempt though! We'll make a proper wizardess of you yet. Someday."

Hex shakes her head. "We can't give up that easily! What if we could tell them NOT to try to escape it?"

"Alas. You haven't even started the chapters on thaumic pneumasynergy yet. If only you'd spent more time practicing, and less time prancing around in that ridiculous..."

"Grim!"

(OOC - The real trick is that because it's an attack, the folks would get to try to resist. And they'd have no reason to think they shouldn't try to resist. I could do a ranged Affects Others maybe...but they'd still have to use -their- action to take the teleport, meaning they could be pre-empted. What would be ideal is if they could be warned ahead of time not to resist...but Hex hasn't got a spell to do that, and stunting two powers would give her unavoidable fatigue :()

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Hawk cycles through what he can do to help. Bending space had many applications. Flight, telekinesis, Enhanced lifting capacity. He could snare a large group in a heavy gravity field, or make them float, weightlessly.

None of which could help right now. There were some more advanced techniques he had been working on. Namely bending time, and bending two points in space, creating wormholes, or portals between two points. He supposed that would help tremendously right now.

"I could...try to bend space to create a stable wormhole..." he said. "It would open a portal between there and here, and people could just walk through. Well...in theory. If I got Hex in, maybe she could teleport the rest out before fire guy can roast them...?"

He hesitates only because he's not sure if he could even do this.

OOC: Power Stunt to give him a portal teleport as part of his gravity manipulation array. That's how that works, right? That's the next power I'll be giving him, anyway.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
29lfrrr.jpg

Astral
Freedom City/Hunter Museum of Natural History
Afternoon
Round 0

“Yes, I can talk to the captives without alerting their guards,” Astral said. “I might even be able to get us inside undetected, or provide some protection for the hostages, or shut down down the pyro. Why don’t we divide responsibilities?”

[OOC: Should be able to do Mental Communication. Possibly able to stunt an area mind control or deflect.[/OOC]

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Hero Points: 1
[/sblock]

Remove ads