D&D 5E [AiME] Has anyone read/run Wilderland Adventures? Thoughts?

Dear all,

A simple question this time: has anyone read through, and possibly even started running, Wilderland Adventures for AiME? It's been out in PDF form for a while, even if the physical copies are still to be released. If you've had a look, what were your thoughts about it? Reviews are very scant on the ground, and while I can read reviews for the One Ring version, I was rather hoping to hear what people thought about it's D&D version. Do the combats seem appropriate? Are there enough of them - since D&D tends to like more and easier combats than other game systems? Do the new subsystems get a good showing?

Many thanks for any thoughts that can be offered. :)

Thanks for that. Podcasts are not normally my thing, but I listened to it while walking the dog, and it was pretty informative. Unfortunately they were rather fixated on outlining the story and discussing its value for use in mainline D&D, rather than as a conversion of the One Ring material, but it was still a good listen. It was somewhat amusing that, at the end, both reviewers really liked the book, but whereas one said it had really excited him to run the game, the other said that it confirmed to him that he'd never get a group to play it, as the required playstyle differed too far.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I've only read through Don't leave the Path and the Journey options for that adventure. I like it so far and I'm really excited to run it. It will be my first go at AiME.

Remove ads