Encounters with the Supernatural

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
Krieg said:

"Psychics" regularly tend not to touch or even talk to me.

I've had psychics/mediums refuse to shake my hand, turn away upon meeting me, leave the room when I enter and even ask me to leave the premises of their place of business. I have seen signs of discomfort & even fear from them when I am around.

Anyone have any insight of why psychics seem to avoid & even fear me?

I have had this routinely happen to me as well, often when I am not seeking their assistance. I always brushed it off on them being fakes, and somehow guessing from the way I speak that I know a bit about how they do what they do, and not wanting to deal with me. Or else not being able to size me up by the way I look. I have a friend who is professional mind reader (I'm not naming names, so don't ask) and I know quite a bit about how he does what he does. It's amazing.

If the people are the real deal though, I don't know. I think at least a few of the ones who wouldn't go near me might have been real.

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
die_kluge said:
Djeta, there was a study done fairly recently about scorpions. Apparently, they can set their stinger on "stun" or "kill" if they desire. I only say this because it may be that the lionfish can do a similar thing - that is, adjust the toxicity of its venom such that you might not have experienced any averse reactions to it.

That's interesting. I'll have to look into it, although I seriously doubt I'll be coming into contact with a lionfish again. But creepy animals fascinate me. I always just sort of figured I wasn't allergic to it. I'm not allergic to poison ivy (as in, I could roll around in a bed of it and not get all red and itchy), so I was sort of thinking it was that sort of thing...something most people had a bad reaction to, that I just didn't.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Hey, when hearing about these people that psychics avoid, I thought of something similar from history. When Aleister Crowley first joined the Golden Dawn, supposedly the other members shied away from him. They supposedly said that either he was messing around with evil spirits (like that would be anything new for Crowley) or that evil spirits were messing with him. This could be somehow related, maybe, since the Golden Dawn (particularly some of the members) were big into psychic phenomena.

Djeta said she has the psychic avoidance thing going on, and that she has unusually good luck too. Who was the other person who had the avoidance thing going? (Edit: I see now it was Krieg) Do you generally have really good luck, too? I'm trying to find commonalities between the people who experience this. Although one really can't say that Crowley had particularly good luck...

daTim: that weird two-legged catlike thing might have been a Wampus Cat. It's an old Southern legend, though I'm not sure exactly what part of the South it's from. I actually do wanna say Georgia or South Carolina.

Last edited:

WayneLigon

Adventurer
My aunt claims a dead relative of hers (Aunt Lucille) haunts the old house where she died; it's now her mother's house and lights will turn on and off (as in, switch has been moved), or Lucillie's favorite chair will be found moved when no-one has been in the house for a day or so. That's about it, though. Er.. I'll call her later. I think she mentioned cold spots, once.

Clueless

Webmonkey
Terraism said:
3. More creepily, sometimes, though rarely, something runs across my backyard and slams into my back door. It sounds huge, like a full-grown person throwing themselves against my back door.

You know.
Of all the ones in this thread - for some reason this is the one that made me sit up and go "Oh... " and shudder for a moment. I'm not sure I could take the idea of something wanting *in* like that. I know I'd be sitting out there with a cross, and a smudge stick throwing down everything from Christian to Native American rites...

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
hellbender said:
And look for #49 on the grid, ko, revolutionary change. I suggest drawing it onto paper and doing the experiment while lying down and relaxed, with as few distractions as possible. It would be interesting to hear back from people who try it and get something.

I tried it and didn't have quite the dramatic experience I was hoping for, but did experience some weird sensory things: sharp pains running up and down my right leg, my left leg involuntarily twitching (only once), and a feeling that I can't describe except as waves under my body. I also had a vision of a lion, though I dunno how that has anything to do with it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases