Tanar'ri with Lightning Bolt or similar ability?

Shin Okada

Explorer
Tanar'ri is immune to electricity. So, it should be an effective tactics to shoot a Lightning Bolt or similar electricity area attack when front-line Tanar'ri are engaging in melee with opponents who are not immune nor resistant to electricity.

But I can find almost no Tanar'ri which has Lightning Bolt as a spell-like ability or has a similar electricity attack. The only one I could found is Molydeus in Fiendish Codex I, which is a CR 19 demon and too strong for my need.

Is there any other, much weaker Tanar'ri which can use Lightning Bolt or similar ability?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
You could just add lightning bolt to a tanar'ri. If you want power equivalent abilities, find one with a level 3 offensive spell like ability and replace it with lightning bolt.

Voadam

Legend
Nalfeshnee have call lightning. Retriever has an electricity ray. Electricity if not big area.

Daemonlord from Revised Bestiary of Krynn has call lightning storm.

For the most party unholy blight and chaos hammer are fairly ubiquitous and serve the function you are looking for of area attacks that do not damage CE demons.

Voadam

Legend
Harlequin demons from Book of Fiends are CR 13 and cast spells as 9th level sorcerers, lightning bolt can be one of them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases