My campaign idea (suggestions to improve it are most welcome)

Jeckyllgeek1

First Post
I have this idea for a 5e dnd game. The world is almost entirely broken (to the point of disintegrating). What is making the world break is that it is caught in a paradox where several realities are fighting for dominance in order to continue existing. In a last ditch effort to save the world a high priest summons great heroes from the past (the party). The slight problem is instead of being all powerful the legendary heroes are all level 1 and have little memory of their pasts. Still it is up to them to rebuild the world from nearly nothing.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Sounds like fun. An interesting twist would be if each of these great heroes of the past are from different realities that are fighting so each knows some information about the types of foes and specific threats that each has.

Another twist might if it later turns out that it is possible to resolve the paradox and keep parts of each reality, but that their patron, the great and good high priest, has been lead by his god who sees the pantheons of the other realities as usurpers and invaders so wants their own reality to be ascendant at the end.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Look up some Dark Sun / Athas material. This is what the world looks like where two of the realities border each other.

"Broken" means what? Monsters running about? The planet about to disintegrate? Magic doesn't work? Physics don't work...?

What's broken? What does that mean? How are the players going to fix it?

It could be that the players are themselves some how responsible for the fracturing of the realities in the future. I like the idea that every player possesses some unique information about their respective reality. You could literally divide the world in various reality shards this way. And as the players work to restore reality, the horrible truth about what caused the divide, slowly becomes clear.

Remove ads