D&D 5E The Misfit Maggot Five

MisfitMaggotFiveRauscherPreviewCoversmall.jpg

The Misfit Maggot Five is a comdedic adventure where five rejects from the Maggotsmasher Clan are called upon to retrieve the famed Dragon Crown of Durge Maggotsmasher from the dreaded caves of Throllorat. Each of the characters are fully developed with their own unique personality that will give any Dungeons and Dragons group hours of laughs!

Download yours here:
http://www.dmsguild.com/product/216424

The Misfit Maggot Five is a 5th edition comedy adventure for 2nd level monstrous humanoid characters.

Summary:
Warchief Grog Bloodloaf has sounded the horn of war. Elf scum have stolen orc lands and the tasty halfling herds. For generations the Maggotsmasher Clan has watched and waited from the icy caves of the frozen mountains but that wait is over. Warchief Bloodloaf needs only the totem of leadership, the Dragon Crown of Durge Maggotsmasher, to unite the clans and begin his war. Five misfits have answered the call to brave the Caves of Throllorat and return with the crown. With a little luck, these five maggots will kill a few of the beasts within Throllorat before dying, making it easier for real warriors to complete the quest.

The Pickled Dragon Press
http://www.thepickleddragon.com/

Last edited:

The Misfits are getting amazing reviews! Check out a few here:

by NonZero S. G. [Verified Purchaser] Date Added: 07/17/2017 05:50:19

Matt has written another great adventure! I love that he has provided pregenerated characters for this one. Perfect when you have unexpected guests and want to run something fun and punchy without spending too much time developing a PC.

The Misfit Maggot Five provides a good hook, memorable characters, and DETAIL. All five sense are addressed which makes for a more immersive story-telling experience and of course you get a good crawl through a dungeon. As with his previous release, Days of Blight, this adventure is generic enough to drop it into just about any campaign setting with minimal fuss. It is also easily written into a campaign if you decide it should have a bigger role in your world. Or, it's simply a great one shot adventure that is perfect for quick entertainment and/or inviting first-time players to the table.

Enjoy!

Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]

by James H. [Verified Purchaser] Date Added: 07/31/2017 20:29:16

Fun one shot with a great sense of humor. Highly recommended if you've got a group of new players, and you want to introduce them to something that heavily encourages roleplay over rollplay.

More Great Reviews for the Misfits!

Joseph K. [Verified Purchaser] Date Added: 07/31/2017 22:03:18

Another top notch product from a great writer and DM, the art work is excellent as well. The characters were quirky and fun to role play. Great for getting a group together and out of their normal routine. Can't wait to see what happens in the sequel. Keep up the great work Matt.

Another amazing review for the Misfits!!!

by Kelsey D. [Verified Purchaser] Date Added: 08/21/2017 20:00:21
Even just reading this adventure had me cracking up -- I can't wait to run it!

The author's storycrafting skill turned out a very fun, clever, and entertaining adventure. It's tough enough to pull off evil characters, not to mention humor, but this is a resounding success in both regards. The players will revel in getting to be the bad guys for once -- it's so much fun to smash the overly perfumed and primped enemies who wouldn't think twice about squishing a kobold or hobgoblin in return!

I applaud Matt Rauscher for giving the players strong enough motivation to stick together and for making the misfit maggots just as sympathetic and appealing to portray as any good-aligned PC ever was. The variety and creativity of encounters is inspiring, hilarious, and detailed. And finally, I love the hand-drawn, watercolor style of the dungeon maps.

Seriously, I just read this through a second time for the entertainment value alone. Imagine your group playing through this and you'll be envisioning a lot of laughs, shenanigans, and downright evil heroics!

Love this review of the misfits!

by Byron H. [Verified Purchaser] Date Added: 07/23/2017 00:35:51

MM5 is a great one shot for mixing up things for a game group, I just ran it for one of my groups and they loved it, pregens and great quirks for each PC, the module is written very well and the art work is top notch, A humorous module is sometimes hard to pull off but Matt steps up to the plate and proves why he is a great Game Master, my group had me write down some of the events because it left the whole table laughing.

first event i`d like to share " the group is 2 hours into there trip to Thrallrat when they happen across the centaur an the elven scouts, when the group makes a check they realize that this is Fabio the centaur famous hair care merchant, the player running Bilgue" we`re going to kill fabio?!" the player running Durang " Ive always wanted to do this" At Thrallrat enterance Muk says" I swear I`d never go in a hole this big!" to all that are looking for some good fun look no farther, pick this up today. your`s truly Nob Nob the first

Remove ads