Kickstarter A Song of Ice And Fire Kickstarter

PyroArrow

Explorer
Anyone pledge for the Kickstarter?!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/a-song-of-ice-and-fire-tabletop-miniatures-game

Basic game is $150.

It's $403 to get the actual Kickstarter Exclusives base part of the game alone!

Why not just ditch the cardboard rulers all together and just put in the plastic ones, for instance?

Also why not include the deluxe rule book in the base box in the first place?

It is ridiculous how they are milking the fans to buy in like that and not fair for those that would like to get it all, but can not, all at once like this.

If it were me running this, there would be no exclusives and every player will have a chance to buy Every Accessory available even after the KickStarter.

ccs

41st lv DM
Thanks for bringing this one to my attention.

Those are some really nice looking minis.
And the prices aren't out of the norm for a miniature war game. Or extra dice etc. So....

That said, you can save yourself some $ by not adding the battlemats, the terrain sets, or any box of figures that doesn't include a KS exclusive figure.
The matts are nice, but not a must.
The pallasades & brick wall set? Easily made. Visit a craft store & sharpen/paint up a handful of cheap pencils.
The trees though are a good deal. It's harder than you'd think to scratch build a decent tree & you'll spend about the same for any other premade set. So if you need trees....
The boxes of figures that don't have an exclusive in them? Also don't say they're a KS only item. And only the dogs aren't represented in the base set. So I assume I'll be able to pick them up later.
Fancy dice, bags, & rulers? (shrugs) These don't do anything for me, but I know someone for whom they'll make a great Birthday present for (assuming the stuff ships reasonably on time)

ccs

41st lv DM
[FONT=&]

Why not just ditch the cardboard rulers all together and just put in the plastic ones, for instance?

Also why not include the deluxe rule book in the base box in the first place?

Cost. When you want your retail price point to be $150 you're not doing alt character sculpts, deluxe rule books, unique dice, & fancy rulers as standard pack ins. Those things aren't essential to the game. So you offer those as additional purchases (or enticements for those who pledge) .
For $150 you're buying 103 minitures (+ the other bare essentials you need). That's not a bad deal.

If it were me running this, there would be no exclusives and every player will have a chance to buy Every Accessory available even after the KickStarter.[/FONT]

And they've stated that any exclusive pieces left over after filling pledges will be sold at cons/shows etc. So find out where they're going to be & start planning your 2018 vacations. :)

PyroArrow

Explorer
Really they should have just stuck with the base $150 for their current Kickstarter.
Then did other KS's for this game at intervals, spreading out the cost for the buyers and enabling way more to be able to buy the Full game.

I would love to get this but the fact of knowing I can not afford the other $253 for the Base Exclusive set is just upsetting. So I will likely not get it now because, latter, I can not have the full game, because they are offering it only once. Instead of spreading it out over several KS's at various intervals.

PyroArrow

Explorer
Ok, having just looked at the Kickstarter again, they went and added in more Exclusives which brings up the total to $338 in Exclusive pieces.

So you need $150 + $338 = $488 right now during this one KickStarter to get the Actual Full Base Version of the game!

If I were them I would be the Chivalrous Noble Knight and cancel this KickStarter and re-boot, offering ONLY the base game with the High Seneschal,

instead of being a thieving Bard con-artist.

Then the noble knight I am, would break this down into several more KS at intervals to spread out the cost for the buyers and thus enabling way, way more people to get the FULL Game.

So like the next KS would be for 1 of the mats at $35 with one of the $30 Unit add-ons, until all 3 mats are released then go to the other accessories at no more than $60 per KS.

Remove ads