Does England have strange bugs that leave necrotized wounds?

Janx

Hero
It's been awhile since we've had a strange discussion about something strange.

Here goes. true story:
My wife's friend just got back from a vacation in England, where she got bit by a strange bug (no description), and ended up in the hospital.
Then she got released, returned to the US and promptly ended up in the hospital, where she just had a chunk of necrotized flesh removed.

That's all the technical data I got. Here's the question from the title, does England have strange bugs that can do that?

Now if the friend had visited Australlia, I totally get how she could be bit by something and almost die. Everything in Australia is poisonous. That giant orange rock? Poisonous. That cuddly wallaby? Poisonous. That topless lady on the beach? Poisonous. Touch nothing. And don't look at it either.

And I've grown used to Texas, where a third of all things are poisonous. From snakes, to trees. One in three of them has poison coated pointy things waiting to kill you like a ninja, or make a valiant effort.

But England? Do they even have bugs over there? I thought the Romans or Henry VIII would have wiped them out.

Any ideas English living people?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Necrotizing fasciitis can be caused by relatively normal (non-harmful) bacteria in folks with a weakened immune system. It makes sense to me that someone traveling to a foreign region would be at higher risk, because their immune system might not be as well attuned to the local bacteria.

Sir, we are talking about England; You are the foreign one

Janx

Hero
Not that I've ever heard of. I'm no expert in bugs though.

I'll take that as expert testimony that there are no strange bugs in England :)

They are all normal and take their tea at 4pm.

Do English people really stop to have tea at 4pm?

Wouldn't that ruin their appetite for dinner?

When's dinner?

Janx

Hero
Sir, we are talking about England; You are the foreign one

I assume Desert meant foreign, relative to the human body.

Though from the perspective of England, tourist was and infection and its immune system attacked and tried to kill or drive out the invading foreign body. Given that the tourist went home, the latter seemed to have happened.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do English people really stop to have tea at 4pm?

Wouldn't that ruin their appetite for dinner?

When's dinner?

I can't really speak for other English people; there are 60 million of us, after all. However, I don't.

Janx

Hero
I can't really speak for other English people; there are 60 million of us, after all. However, I don't.

That is rather a lot. I imagine there wouldn't be enough cups for everyone.

Have you ever seen anybody else stop for tea?

When did they eat dinner?

Also, would it help you to speak for them if we elected you president of England? I have an excellent plan involving mind-control tea. We just need everybody to stop what they are doing, say around 4pm...

Remove ads