[3.5] pre-generated NPCs

Celebrim

Legend
Was there ever a 3rd party book/product released that contained a bunch of pre-generated NPCs / stat blocks ?

Yes. Several, I'm sure. I personally find them to be not particularly useful, because demographics are such a very personal thing for a DM. By demographics I mean, what levels, ability scores, classes, and equipment are common to your world. Different DMs make very different decisions regarding what a back-alley mugger, or a knight, or a pirate, or a wealthy merchant actually looks like. If you are picky, and I am, then nothing is likely to feel right or be particularly useful.

The one I came the closest to actually getting value out of was Enworld's 'Everyone Else', but ultimately its demographics and I never saw quite eye to eye: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...-Farmers--More?it=1&filters=0_0_44827_44499_0

slygeek

Explorer
Yes. Several, I'm sure. I personally find them to be not particularly useful, because demographics are such a very personal thing for a DM. By demographics I mean, what levels, ability scores, classes, and equipment are common to your world. Different DMs make very different decisions regarding what a back-alley mugger, or a knight, or a pirate, or a wealthy merchant actually looks like. If you are picky, and I am, then nothing is likely to feel right or be particularly useful.

The one I came the closest to actually getting value out of was Enworld's 'Everyone Else', but ultimately its demographics and I never saw quite eye to eye: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...-Farmers--More?it=1&filters=0_0_44827_44499_0

I'm the same way, which is why I make my own in my campaigns. But its allot of work for some. My current DM, an old 2nd edition veteran asked for such a book. Thanks.

BlackSeed_Vash

Explorer
Not exactly what you wanted, but I hope all this helps.
I know there are a few generic ones in Cityscape. Can't b 100% certain, but I believe the DMG2 also has additional NPCs.
With minimal work converting, there is the NPC Codex and the Villains Codex for Pathfinder.
Sometime I'll use one of these when I don't feel like making an NPC.

ElectricDragon

Explorer
You can also check out The Ironics from E. N. Publishing for a quick band of mercenaries or possibly PC's for a "one shot". Everyone Else is also a good resource, but I usually make up my own. Having some of my own npc classes (fanatic and hermit), sometimes it is necessary.

Remove ads