What do you think of Invis Purge range?

What do people think about Invisibility Purge (5' radius/level)? I don't know if there are other spells with range quite like that. Anyway, I assume that the rule is that you pick a corner of your square, and it's 5' radius from there, but I'd be tempted to just have it extend one square (5') per level away from the caster's square, for simplicity. even though that makes it a slightly greater range. That way, you'd just count how far the invisible creature is from the caster, without having to worry what side of the corner of origin is. How do you interpret the range, and do you run it?

shilsen

Adventurer
I use the second method you listed (just have it extend one square per level from the caster's square), for simplicity's sake. And just for the record, it's one of my favorite utility cleric spells.

Ziggy

First Post
I also use the second method, no reason to make it more complex than necessary.

BTW have you noticed the new range for See Invisible (= to the range of your vision). That is going to put an end to the worst excesses of the Imp Invis flying mage smack me think.

.Ziggy

Hackenslash

First Post
I like the range of the spell...

Invisibility Purge is one of those must have spells on any spell list. I think that the range is fine at 5ft/level but I would rule it to be from the center of the characters square as it seems to emanate in a circle and the central point would naturally be the caster, hence the center of the square. However, I am a long time player and our group has been playing since DnD Basic edition about 20+ years ago, so we tend to visualise rather than use mini's etc. Maybe that's why I would be tempted to use the center of the character or square what ever the case may be. Hope this helps...:)

Remove ads