when a dwarf wants to be a dwarf by proffession

marcus oakley

First Post
hi all

i read on the internet when a dwarf wants to be a stereo typical dwarf as a character class
it allowed you to be the profession dwarf

it allowed you at lvl 1 to be a natural warrior at lv1 at -3 lvls lower than your character lvl and at 5th lvl allows you to ignore the -3 character lvl
it gave you dwarven abilieties as a character class from lvl 1-20
at lvl 16 it gave you regeneration as a ability
and before that lvl it also allowed you to fast heal
does anybody still have this printed webpage on the internet thanks
its i believe for d&d 3.0 or 3.5

Nagol

Unimportant
I cannot place anything with the characteristics you provide. I can think of two very different things you may be referencing assuming it wasn't something homebrewed by someone somewhere.

The first is very old versions of the game had Dwarf and Elf as classes. That is, all elves were Elves and all dwarves were Dwarves and advanced in their classes much like a Fighter (who was human) would. So a party might be composed of a 5th level human Fighter, a 4th level human Magic-User, a 5th level Dwarf, and a 4th level Elf.

The second is an optional class type call Racial Paragon classes in 3.5e. Each race has a short (3-level) class that supposedly offered archetypal abilities associated with that race. A character of the appropriate race could freely multiclass into that class at its whim without any penalty. The class abilities gained were typically more powerful versions of the normal racial abilities. For example, the Dwarf Paragon gains improved Stonecunning, better Darkvision, a bonus to Crafting checks, a small bonus to certain saving throws, and +2 Con over three levels.

Celebrim

Legend
i read on the internet...

That was your first mistake.

I've noticed you seem to be making no distinction between house rules and official rules. There are tons of things out on the internet that were just written by some kid without a lot of experience and without a lot of forethought. Most of them are horribly broken and overpowered and anything that you see should be taken with a grain of sand. Actually published 3rd party material is only slightly more reliable, unless it is from a very reputable publisher like Mongoose or Green Ronin. Even then...

In fact, I'd be on the skeptical side with respect to even non-core WotC rules.

If you want to be a stereotypical drawf, take fighter as a class. There may be a published racial paragon class for Dwarf somewhere that is worth something but not overpowered, but for example the ones in the SRD are pretty worthless. I'd avoid them until your group is very experienced.

Once again, I'm curious to know if you are asking these questions as a perspective Dungeon Master, or as a perspective player?

Remove ads