Registering and social media accounts

CapnZapp

Legend
Happened to access EN World with a different browser where I'm not auto-logged in, and was intrigued by the registration popup - it doesn't offer an alternative registration method for people without social media as far as I could see.

This intrigued me so I googled it. To my renewed surprise Google found this:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/joinenworldx.php

Where you can register the good old-fashioned way, by simply entering an email you then validate.

Now I'm full of questions (well, I have two):
a) does the default registration screen really ignore people w/o social media (facebook, twitter, reddit, ...)?

If so, why? If I had to register with those abhorrent services to use EN World the first time I came here, I would probably not have bothered.

b) is the "joinenworldx" supposed to be live? Where you can still register without social media accounts (I had to check, and yes, it works :) - at least to the stage where my test account got stuck in the "users awaiting email confirmation" group, all without having to supply any social media account information).

If so, why isn't this an option, even if a small and un-emphasized one, on the "mainstream" registration and welcome screens to avoid scaring away social-media-phobics like myself?

Genuinely curiously yours,
Zapp

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
lookhere.jpg

Remove ads