Con Created Content (CCC) - Are they any good?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The answer to "Is Con-Created Content any good?" is certainly "It depends".

There are CCC adventures I've run which I've found beyond awful. The Bleeding Gate series is one of those.

There are CCC adventures I've run which I've very much enjoyed.

And, as normal, there are a lot in-between, where things don't come together to create a superior adventure, but the overall adventure still works.

Of course, there are also ones that some people like and I hate, and vice versa. Large range of adventures out there.

I do review various CCCs on my site when I get the chance.

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Not quite. Adventures created for a convention. (CCC=Con-Created Content)

The idea is that a convention's organisers can write their own D&D Adventurers League-legal adventures to debut at the convention, as long as they get approval from the DDAL admin team (the process must begin at least 9 months before the convention) and then put the adventure up on the DMs Guild within 6 months of the convention.

The DDAL admins don't oversee the quality of the adventure, although they do approve the original concept.

So, Baldman Games has a team of writers that create content for their conventions, and many other conventions have been joining in with their own CCC adventures.

So, a Con-Created Content adventure will premiere at a convention, then become available to everyone once it goes up on the DMs Guild.

The difference between a CCC adventure and a DDAL adventure is that the DDAL adventures are specifically commissioned by the D&D Adventurers League itself, and are edited by the admin team. CCC doesn't have that much oversight.

Cheers!

Remove ads