Rate of Falling | Flying Creatures and Falling

Sleep
Waking Someone | Sleeping in Armor | Going without a Long Rest

Adamantine Weapons
Tying Knots
Tool Proficiencies
Tools and Skills Together | Tool Descriptions

Spellcasting
Perceiving a Caster at Work | Identifying a Spell | Invalid Spell Targets | Areas of Effect on a Grid

Encounter Building
Quick Matchups

Random Encounters: A World of Possibilities
Arctic | Coastal | Desert | Forest | Grassland | Hill | Mountain | Swamp | Underdark | Underwater | Urban

Traps Revisited
Simple Traps | Designing Simple Traps
Complex Traps | Designing Complex Traps

Downtime Revisited
Rivals
Downtime Activities
Buying a Magic Item | Carousing | Crafting an Item | Crime | Gambling | Pit Fighting | Relaxation | Religious Service | Research | Scribing a Spell Scroll | Selling a Magic Item | Training | Work

Awarding Magic Items
Common Magic Items | Magic Item Tables

Ch 3: Spells

Spell Lists | Spell Descriptions

Appendix A: Shared Campaigns

Appendix B: Character Names

Nonhuman Names | Human Names

Credits

Disclaimer: No goldfish were harmed in the making of this book. Especially not Sylgar. Sylgar definitely did not die because we forgot to change his water. If you see Xanathar, make sure it knows that. Be perfectly clear Sylgar was not harmed. And we had nothing to do with it. Better yet, don’t bring it up, and don’t mention us.[/sblock]
I'm really loving all the Disclaimers in this edition! ;)

Eh, we are getting the full table of contents sometime this week, which will also let us know page count for each chapter and section, so this is not that big of a deal that it leaked.

Looks like it will also answer some of the burning questions from around here, such as the sections on adamantine weapons, going without a long rest, and crafting.

Aside from the new sub-classes, there does seem an interesting hodge-podge of stuff that can be added to the game.

And being a NZer, I'm particularly interested in what this is: Circle of the Shepherd

CapnZapp

Legend
Finally we can escape the endless threads. Talk about falling for WotCs drip feed strategy. I'm dead tired of all these threads; none of which contain any actual content. This one is a refreshing change.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Dualazi

First Post
I have mixed opinions on the subclasses. I'm really disappointed at the inclusion of kensei, hexblade, and redemption paladin (assuming that's the pacifist one, I can't remember its exact title) since all of those ones were pretty garbage mechanically. Depending on how much changed from the playtest, those ones might be some of the first banned options of 5th edition.

Alternately, some of the other bad options like the stone sorcerer didn't get included, which is heartening for people who actually wanted a real swordmage at some point.

Most of the other subclass options look good, with ranger, rogue, and barbarian probably looking the most consistently solid.

The DM's options look pretty fantastic across the board. I hope a decent chunk of space has been allotted for the downtime activities, since I feel like historically that's been a pretty untapped area of potential with D&D for multiple editions.

Also..."Tying Knots"? Is this a low-key attempt to bring back Use Rope?

pukunui

Legend
The DM's options look pretty fantastic across the board. I hope a decent chunk of space has been allotted for the downtime activities, since I feel like historically that's been a pretty untapped area of potential with D&D for multiple editions.
It looks to be the same stuff that was in the Downtime UA article a while back. I hope they smoothed things out. The "Buying Magic Items" one was a bit wonky in particular.

Also..."Tying Knots"? Is this a low-key attempt to bring back Use Rope?
Yeah, I'm curious about that one too.

FYI: Jeremy Crawford says there *will* be previews of the DM content.

Remove ads