Modiphius Starship Deck Types

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm always on the lookout for starship deck battle maps for use in my sci-fi games (my dream find would be a 1-inch grid battle map set of the entire USS Enterprise, but that doesn't exist; there is a much smaller gridded version from the 80s, but that won't work with my miniatures).

Anyhow -- I like the look of Modiphius' starship deck tiles. Unfortunately, they aren't gridded.

https://www.modiphius.net/products/star-trek-adventures-the-next-generation-starfleet-deck-tiles

So I figured, if I bought those, is there such thing as a sticky-backed 1-inch gridded transparent plastic sheet I can simply stick to the tiles, magically turning them into gridded maps? Anybody know of such an thing?

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
I think office supply stores sell transparencies or acetate sheets that are clear but printed with grid lines or hex lines, and rather than sticky, the static-y ness of the plastic on the glossy finish of map tiles may be sufficient to keep them in place. I haven't tried it in practice, though--just a theory.

aramis erak

Legend
I think office supply stores sell transparencies or acetate sheets that are clear but printed with grid lines or hex lines, and rather than sticky, the static-y ness of the plastic on the glossy finish of map tiles may be sufficient to keep them in place. I haven't tried it in practice, though--just a theory.

I've never seen gridded ones where the grid was on the transparency. The rolls with the blue lines, those blue lines are on the backing paper, not the transparency, and are there for cutting to size.

That said, you can laser print grid onto a transparency, then use spray glue to glue it down, then trim.

Remove ads