2 Giant Robots fought and nobody's talking about it on EN World

Janx

Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxEOHretiBo

What's wrong with everybody!?!

The bots looked great. The original Iron something from Megabots wasn't as stellar, but that's why they built a better one.

The fights were a bit slow moving. I think with more dynamic pilots, there might have been more movement.

These things still suffer from being a bot torso on a tractor or bulldozer base.

I think the guns were cool to watch, but a bad weapon choice for what has to be nerfed because this is a sparring match, not actual combat. Imagine if those were real weapons systems and they were trying to kill each other. Since that can't be the case, they cost weight and do little damage.

I watched the highlights that someone posted on reddit.

They could have done a better job focusing on the engineering challenges of designing the robots, and if they wanted faux drama they should have tried to turn the pilots into celebrities by having them trash talk or something. It was obviously pretty staged, so they should have played to that strength.

My favorite innovation was a drone that released smoke to blind the other pilot.

They could have done a better job focusing on the engineering challenges of designing the robots, and if they wanted faux drama they should have tried to turn the pilots into celebrities by having them trash talk or something. It was obviously pretty staged, so they should have played to that strength.

My favorite innovation was a drone that released smoke to blind the other pilot.
It did not look staged to me. I would treat with skepticism any commentary over a "highlights reel", or any other supposed partial quote.

Janx

Hero

and that would be why a highlight reel on Reddit is not a credible news source.

the drone sucked. Megabots swatted it out of the air and it landed on their roof and caught fire.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I guess I consider these more mechs than robots. Still interesting.

Kind of wondering just how much these beasts cost.

Remove ads