Getting close to the end... Thank you folks.

Obryn

Hero
We are on the final legs of Zeitgeist (4e) and man oh man, am I going to miss this adventure path.

You folks did such an amazing job, top to bottom, that it will be really hard to top this whole experience. It is far beyond anything that I could have put together on my own, but believe me, I will keep it in mind as a great example for the rest of my gaming career.

So - thank you, to everyone who had a hand in it. I can't believe we got this far, and I kind of can't believe we're going to finish it.

Obryn

Hero
Now play it again in 5E!
Ha!

Next I think we're going to do something simple and low-key and not exactly D&D, because epic-tier gaming is hard, we all deserve a break... and I want to avoid any inevitable comparisons wherein my world-building comes up short. :D

Probably Feng Shui 2 for a campaign instead of a one-shot, maybe some Timewatch or Blades in the Dark somewhere, hopefully Shadow of the Demon Lord and Esoterrorists too!

I do hope you can give us some campaign highlights when you're done, and maybe ask your players what they liked best or least. How much did you run the campaign straight, vs. adding your own content? I remember you asking a few questions along the way about metaphysics in The Gyre and motivation in adventure 13, so how did those play out?

Or even just, who were your PCs?

Good luck with the finale. Have you checked any of the other threads about GMs who finished the campaign, to get a sense of how you want to run the Axis Seal encounter or wrap up in the denouement?

Obryn

Hero
Oh yeah I'll give a complete rundown once it's done.

Spoilers follow, for those reading along.

We stuck very close to as-written, by and large, but didn't do the full climax helix part at the end because I felt it would kill the momentum at least once. So we've wrapped up 12 completely and we're on 13, and the Flint part is going great.

I mean, our deva urban empath did just shut off the whole refinery in 1 turn's worth of actions, but... level 30, you know?

(The City Whispers gave him perfect knowledge of the city infrastructure and subrail tunnels, so he found where the main trunk comes off the refinery and branches off, jaunted to the street above there, used his action point to phase down through the street below, then city marches to war to break everything. The next round was spent preventing any massive explosions.

I figured the Obscurati rule the world, so the tunnels would be easily accessible for maintenance, and pretty much everything is clearly labeled. And the main junction would definitely have to be, since that would need repairs. It was a solution I definitely didn't see coming, with the downside that the party's warlord is now about 3 miles away from anyone else.)

As for the finale, I think they are going to go ahead and complete the ritual themselves, and then down the road we'll have a new D&D campaign world to run a game in. It's also set up correctly so that Miller can take over Nicodemus, so I'm expecting a redemption ending... But I've been surprised before. :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Obryn

Hero
Oh and my main worry about the finale is map size. Even at 1"=10' (which I used for the voice of rot and other encounters through the campaign) both maps end up like 3-1/2' square if I eliminate extra space.

Blowing them up to 600% size is also making it a bit on the ugly side. Are there maybe hi res versions available? :D

My next option will be to switch to 1/2"=10' and use pushpins over a bulletin board to mark where everyone is. It's not really epic feeling, but I think it's a better option than setting up and then bouncing between two tables.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You want a 39 MB .tif file of the final map? If you have a Gmail account, I can share it with you via Google Drive. Shoot me a line at ryanznock@gmail.com.

It won't help the space issue, but if you plan to print it, it'll look better.

Personally, I recommend just clearing out the game tables and putting the map on the floor, and you just stand wherever the colossus is.

Obryn

Hero
You want a 39 MB .tif file of the final map? If you have a Gmail account, I can share it with you via Google Drive. Shoot me a line at ryanznock@gmail.com.

It won't help the space issue, but if you plan to print it, it'll look better.

Personally, I recommend just clearing out the game tables and putting the map on the floor, and you just stand wherever the colossus is.

Hah! Well uh ... That would definitely be an approach I could take. :D

Thanks! Email sent.

Remove ads