Teleportation

yrtalien

Explorer
So in B5 world I'd like there to be technomagical (if you aren't familiar with technomages there is a fine series of books) means of teleportation. In the past I added a secret: Rifts (it was a rifts game played in WOIN) that figured for duration and area. That doesn't really fit B5... for one there aren't Ley lines unless I add them and hell I just might. Basically you could go anywhere you wanted in time or space but the effect had a dangerous trait if half or more of your dice were ones you got blasted and the rift was out of control and could lead anywhere/when.

I'd like teleporting to happen on a larger scale or for the mage to be able to open a jump point. Anyone have any idea how to get Teleportation out of the miles category and up to the systems?

Thanks

Last edited:

yrtalien

Explorer
The teleportation spell should be cast in conjunction with a Scrying spell then you pay double the price for the teleportaation... which can be a VERY short distance since you are just taking a step through your scrying window effectively...

So Divine 5 for Clairvoyance + Displace 5 (x2) with just a step and you have 15 MP...which of course means you have to have a 15 MAG score at least. You also have to succeed at the scrying attempt which involves various forms of MAG rolls in itself.

I had missed the rider clause under divination until I reread the baked in spells and found a fireball that had an effectively unlimited range.

Hope I helped JediMasterGunner

Remove ads