RPG Newsletter and Monthly Rewards

Esper the Bard

First Post
Hello my friends and fellow adventurers. I’m making this post to show off the cool stuff from my newsletter Scrolls of Novuara. Things like character art, short stories, maps, and even videos on YouTube.

In fact, you can also see it all in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J68MiKBykw

So, here’s how things have been going.

I send out the newsletter every month to everyone from my Patreon page. The basic newsletter has some updates and tidbits from me, and also a section called Antiquities & Oddities, which is typically a peculiar object or hook that you can use. It’s basically a mini-article that gives history and details that lead to an adventure or plot.

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 12.48.44 PM.png

Not too many people are just at the basic level, however, because the rewards at the other levels are really great.

Next is the map level, which includes the same newsletter, and along with it is a custom map that I create of a region or a dungeon. The interesting part is that I do a selection from my supporters, and the chosen person actually gives me the details and directions for the map. This October, for example, was an arcane tower from a supporter’s home D&D game. Before that, we had an island map and also a map of a region of someone’s world, each one filled with various locations and details. And again, these concepts came directly from the patreon supporters.

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 12.37.59 PM.png

Then, we have the character level. Again, it has the basic newsletter, and it has the map, and it includes a character. I draw a custom character artwork and write a short story about him or her. Like before, I do a selection from the supporters at the character level, and selected person gets to send me the details and outline of the character.

This way, everyone is getting these cool rewards, and a couple people every month get to see their own concepts fleshed out and brought to life.

We've had character such as a dark mage, an arcane merchant princess, a water spirit character, even my arcai druid Lae’dellik made an appearance.

After this is the video level. I’d really like to see some more supporters here, because this is the really good stuff. Here, I make one of my adventure videos for YouTube, and the character again is from a selected supporter. Each adventure is typically a mixture of storytelling, roleplaying, and combat encounter. So, when you see adventures like Snakes in the Vault, Warrior of the Lost Woods, The Snake and the Moon, and even Halls of Shadow part 2, you are seeing the characters of patreon supporters coming to life.

I have ideas for even more projects, but I need the support of my community to get things off the ground. Below, I’m putting a link that will take you straight to my page. If you’re not familiar with Patreon, it’s a great way to support and interact with your favorite creators. It’s simple, secure, you can donate as little or as much as you want, and you can modify it at any time.

So, get in on the Scrolls of Novaura, you’ll be receiving great perks while you’re supporting my content and creations. And, you’ll get the chance to have your own worlds and characters developed artistically.

As always, thank you for being a part of this community. I look forward to many more great moments to come.

May your adventures be many, my friends!

—Esper

https://www.patreon.com/EsperTheBard

Remove ads