Curse of Strahd Hardcover extravaganza

Which route is best in your opinion given the premises below?

• Paladin 5 -> Paladin 8/Warlock 2

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Paladin 3/Warlock 2 -> Paladin 8/Warlock 2

Votes: 1 50.0%

juggerulez

First Post
Hi, min maxer here, need another perspective to better see the whole picture.

Need to reroll a character, five levels in (milestones).

End Game: Paladin 8 + Warlock 2 (max CoS level)

Option A)
Paladin Ancient 5
pretty straight forward: human variant 16 (+1 heavy armor master) 8 16 8 8 16, sword and board, splint mail and shield for a total of AC 20.
PROs: closest to Aura of Protection and Aura of Warding, 4th level ASI (I'd go for Shield Master rather than str 18 though but I'm open to suggestions), Best HP ratio
CONs: No darkvision, No ranged option, no extra spell slots Until 9th level where I'll MC to Warlock and at 10th level (warlock 2) I'll have Devil's Sight and Fiendish Vigor.

Option B)
Paladin 3 Warlock 2
pretty much my actual Idea.
human variant 16 8 16 8 8 16 heavy armor master, sword and board, splint mail and shield for a total of AC 20.
PROs: Devil's Sight (120ft improved darkvision), fiendish vigor (8 tmp hp at the start of any combat), Eldritch Blasts (is a secondary attack so I don't need Agonizing Blasts and since I can't take Close Quarter Shooter, makes little sense too), extra 6 1st level spell slots (2 per rest).
CONs: extremely far away from Auras, extra attack is not that big of a deal because one of the Warlock cantrips can be Booming Blade or Green Flame Blade, thus I'd miss only the +str on the second attack and the nova potential.

Still, I think going warlock straight away could boost survivability and I'm sure that those auras are more relevant at higher levels rather than mid ones anyways...ain't them? :v

Thanks for your feedback :)

Remove ads