The Orrville is going to have some competition

Ryujin

Legend
Considering STD and GQ will be on "subscription only" viewing, that automatically restricts the viewership.

And if Amazon wants to increase their "$ub$cription$" they need to add more shows.

There is still lots of room for good sci-fi shows.

I believe that all people with an Amazon Prime subscription will be able to watch it. That's a fairly large EXISTING audience.

MarkB

Legend
For $99/year CAD, to watch just this (for those that don't really care for the other shows)... too much for me.

(Oh, and The Tick is the only other show I would be interested in, so still too much for me.)

Don't know how much a subscription fee is in other countries.

I've trialled the UK version of the video-only Amazon Prime subscription a couple of times, and come to the same conclusion - not enough shows I want to watch.

They also seem to use it as a sales lead in some cases - I tried a couple of anime shows, and found that the first season was included in Prime, but I would need to purchase subsequent seasons separately.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've trialled the UK version of the video-only Amazon Prime subscription a couple of times, and come to the same conclusion - not enough shows I want to watch.

I have Amazon Prime (the next day delivery thing) anyway, and use it a lot. The free TV shows which come with it are just a bonus.

MarkB

Legend
I have Amazon Prime (the next day delivery thing) anyway, and use it a lot. The free TV shows which come with it are just a bonus.

Yeah, the fact that a lot of people buy it for the free delivery does help to create that built-in audience. For me, I simply don't order online often enough to even come close to making back the annual subscription fee.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, the fact that a lot of people buy it for the free delivery does help to create that built-in audience. For me, I simply don't order online often enough to even come close to making back the annual subscription fee.

Man, me and Alexa have a very close relationship!

Remove ads