D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

OOC: something has made me think of Jackie Chan's Shanghi Noon prison escape and made me wonder if we could do the same with Kildrak's 5' of silk rope and would any of our character know to do that? Quietly bending the bars will be better than smashing our way our.
OOC: Intriguing, but I can imagine the Kuo Toa's head being really wide and the bars being really narrow since they have to keep Stool imprisoned.

EB: How far apart are the bars.

Thia is spending some time looking for a forked twig.

OOC: how wide is the opening to the cell? would the 20 foot radius of silence spell cover the door sufficiently so that breaking the gate would happen silently?

EarlyBird

Explorer
Eldeth.jpg Eldeth looks forlorn and shakes her head. "Nay, but I do be known that the bitch Ilvara held it, last I see it. I be think'n it do be in the shrine with her."

OOC: The gate has a built in lock that may be picked, and the bars are thick flat metal instead of rounded. You could still try and pry the bars apart enough to let some of the smaller characters through.

EarlyBird

Explorer
JimJar.jpg JimJar gets excited when Thia asks about the drow numbers. He recites his list in a sing song voice as if he were practicing. "There are the leaders, Ilvara, Asha, Shoor and Jorlan. Followed by the guards, Balok, Bemeril, Guldor, Honemmeth, lmbros, Jaezred, Jevan, Kalannar, Malagar, Nadal, Nym, and Sorn. And then there are five giant spiders and a dozen scary quaggoths."

He looks to the others a huge smile on his face. Seeing the odd expressions he asks curiously, "What? I've been here a longgg time."

Shuushar.jpg Shuushar shakes his head and sighs. *glop* "I think you all are not enough to overcome all of that, even if you were armed." He turns and goes back to sit near his wall, hope leaving his face.

OOC: 55% chance of a forked twig lying about...
[roll0] sorry none in the cell, maybe you'll find one outside while you do a chore
The spell would cover the gate, but you would need to be on the other side of it to cast a spell.
No casting from inside the slave pen.

TallIan

Explorer
I only have a gold coin. Finnan offers, Probably not even enough to bribe a guard. He watched Thia searching for something then suggests, Perhaps a scavenger hunt the next time we're allowed out for some fun and games? Perhaps the stronger ones here can bend the bars enough for the slimmer ones to slip through. I don't have much affinity for sneaking...but I am a halfling.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Stool moves back and forth from one small foot to the other.

Stool.jpg "We... we could go." he says tentatively. "And sneak down the passage. We don't think they hurt us. If they touch us they will be hurt. Poisoned by us."

You figure Stool would blend in to the cavern (especially if the elves only have their darkvision to see), but he would be scene trying to cross the rope bridge, as anyone would. But there is nothing in the quaggoth lair worth trying to retrieve, but used as a distraction to keep them busy a moment would work.

OOC: I'm leaning towards Hogan's Heroes here. No tunnels mind you. But getting out and back in, collecting gear and info. Just a suggest nagging the back of your heads.
Also the reasoning behind Stool always keeping away from people was to not inadvertently poison them.

EarlyBird

Explorer
You discuss plans well into the day and before you realize it the others are on their way back from doing chores. Stool's spore speech only lasted an hour and the creature once more releases his grey cloud so that everyone may communicate should they wish it.

Together with a few of the others the group gets a good picture of what the drow outpost Velkynvelvc looks like inside and out. Except for a few off limit areas a majority of the base is mapped out and where most of the guards will be is also known.

Is it luck or fate that during the meal that very day a strange scarred drow offers you all a chance at freedom. His only message "The gate will be 'accidently' left open tomorrow after everyone is returned from chores. Escape or not it is up to you." But before anyone can ask questions he is gone. To trust him is a question that now weighs heavily on everyone's mind.

OOC: Only three prisoners did not help in the discussion. The orc Ront, the dow Sarith, and the kuo-toa Shuushar. The latter saying it's a waste of time to try, what will be, will be,

Last edited:

OOC: To whom does the drow tell the gate will be open specifically?

Thia tries to speak with the earlier conspirators quietly. "If we go tomorrow, how long do we wait? Also, if my spells return to me, I intend to cast silence either on the guard post or on the bridge beyond the guard post. We need to contain the guards or at least their shouts or else the whole compound will bear down on us fast."

Remove ads