Agents of SHIELD Seson 5 - a great start (review spoilers)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Wow! Agents of SHEILD came back via a 2 part Orientation and it was great. The show has gone from a Hi-Tech Espionage and Dystopian Thriller last season to an entirely fresh Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi this season and most importantly has introduced Time travel to the MCU.

The heroes find themselves on a Space ship where the last remnent of humanity have all but been enslaved by the Kree and their law of A life earned A life spent

The character interactions were good, the pacing worked well to give the sense of displacement and Orientation to the 'lay of the land' was given through action and story not through exposition dumps or the beat stick. If they can keep it up we should be looking at another great season of what may have become the best superhero show on normal TV...

and best oneliner "wait you mean SHIELD doesn't a space division called SPEAR or something?"

[video=youtube;YQJKgtAktLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQJKgtAktLQ[/video]

Last edited:

5ekyu

Hero
Big fan of show and i liked it but i have cautious optimism.

1 i liked the episode structures and how info came put, but most of the time i was going "you cant be that stupid" as many of the "reveals/swerves" were telegraphed way before characters got a neuron to fire.

2 - One of the things i like about AoS is their grounding in the world and i am dubious about this total setting change approach for what feels like a whole season or more arc. They are "so far away" its a question to me if this wont turn out to be like the season of Dallas that ended with the infamous Bobby shower reboot as its such a major departure due to the unstated macguffin.

Sent from my VS995 using EN World mobile app

Richards

Legend
Well, they are in the future and (if memory serves) this is the first instance of time travel involved, so the time travel rules for this universe have yet to be spelled out. It's entirely possible they'll find a way back to the present and this will have just been a "possible" future, not necessarily carved into stone.

I do find it difficult to believe that Quake's powerful enough to destroy an entire planet, though. Even in a superhero universe, that doesn't seem very plausible.

And I did miss Fitz during these two episodes.

Johnathan

Is there a non-story reason for Fitz' absence? Is the actor pregnant or something?
Or is it purely for the sake of the story?

It's probably way too early to have an answer for this, but if they end up "fixing" things, does that mean the people on the ship won't ever exist? Or will the "fix" involve them flying the ship back int the present?

Jhaelen

First Post
5th season already? I've only just finished watching the third season (the best so far...)!

Sounds like it will stay interesting :)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
5th season already? I've only just finished watching the third season (the best so far...)!

Sounds like it will stay interesting :)

yup, the show has done remarkably well considering its shaky start (I stopped watching season 1 but got lured back to second half of season 2), if you enjoyed season 3 you'll be happy to know that season 4 is even better

Remove ads