D&D 5E Primeval Guardian and Sentry

WolfWhale

First Post
Hey all, I have some questions regarding a character build.

This question draws on the PHB, the Revised Ranger, Volo's, UA: Light, Dark, Underdark and UA: Rangers and Rogues so there are a fair number of mechanics to keep track of (this is why I want to check with you all!).

So the character in question is a level 12 Ranger with the Primeval guardian subtype. She is a strength based bugbear and uses a glaive in combat. She had taken the heavily armoured, heavy armour master and sentinel feats. She uses tunnel fighter for her fighting style.

She has been played as having a 20' feet melee range, within which any movement triggers non-reaction using opportunity attacks which reduce an enemy's speed to zero. In close combat, she gets a bucket full of bonus hit points every round and takes reduced damage from attacks. Enemies cannot escape from her in combat because she can make her movement stopping opportunity attacks all day without them even leaving her threat range.

Is this how these factors would stack up? My intuition says there's no way but I can't see any holes in it. Is it just super optimised? Or maybe its just been so powerful because of the way monsters act in this particular campaign? I've seen the guy playing her roll 4 or 5 opportunity attacks in a single round!

Bardbarian

First Post
most reach increasing abilitites specify when attacking, so the reach would not increas when you are not actively attacking. reactions and such would be triggered off the normal reach of the weapon. PAM specifies a distance of 10 feet which allows an attack off turn even though the reach at that moment is normally 5.

Remove ads