D&D 5E D&D Beyond video on Mind Flayers

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Weird video. Like, it’s neither a very good introduction to Mind Flayers for those who are unfamiliar, nor a useful elaboration for those who already know a bit about them... But between this, the Gith video being planned next, and the Gith race in Unearthed Arcana recently, I wonder if they’re working on a product featuring the Ilithid/Gith conflict. I would certainly like to see something like that.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Weird video. Like, it’s neither a very good introduction to Mind Flayers for those who are unfamiliar, nor a useful elaboration for those who already know a bit about them... But between this, the Gith video being planned next, and the Gith race in Unearthed Arcana recently, I wonder if they’re working on a product featuring the Ilithid/Gith conflict. I would certainly like to see something like that.
Well, Firestorm Peak gets namechecked in both the PHB and DMG: they will probably revisit that sooner or later, with Mindflayers, Gith and Cthulu.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
There was a lot of mentioning of Spelljammer terms. Nautiloids. Crystal Spheres. Conquering the Prime Material. I wonder if we will have a big adventure that starts out, "The Mind Flayers fled across the phlogiston and the Githyanki followed." We are due for an aberration themed adventure aren't we?

There was a lot of mentioning of Spelljammer terms. Nautiloids. Crystal Spheres. Conquering the Prime Material. I wonder if we will have a big adventure that starts out, "The Mind Flayers fled across the phlogiston and the Githyanki followed." We are due for an aberration themed adventure aren't we?

Hmmm, we know Lantan is going to be featured in an upcoming adventure, and Lantan would definitely be a reasonable place in the setting to have a Spelljammer connection.

I'm really thinking they might do it and give us an adventure that will feature Spelljammer at least in part. One of the planets of Realmspace, Glyth, is an illithid stronghold, so that would seem to be a reasonable place to set some of the adventure if this does happen...

darjr

I crit!
So they elder brains are looking for the ultimate weapon. The lantans came back from wherever they went with such a weapon.

Hmmm, we know Lantan is going to be featured in an upcoming adventure, and Lantan would definitely be a reasonable place in the setting to have a Spelljammer connection.

I'm really thinking they might do it and give us an adventure that will feature Spelljammer at least in part. One of the planets of Realmspace, Glyth, is an illithid stronghold, so that would seem to be a reasonable place to set some of the adventure if this does happen...

Where do we know that from? :)

Remove ads