I draw the occasional D&D map

WEB-Swamp-Shark-Grid-Patreon.png

They tell you that there aren’t sharks in a swamp. That the water is too shallow, too brackish. They forget that not all sharks swim.

The Swamp of Forgotten Dreams is home to a burrowing beast (a massive bulette) of incredible scale that crawls not only through the swamp looking for food, but through the forgotten dreams themselves. It is one of the gateways to the dreams – climb into its back and it may burrow into the dream you are looking for…

WEB-Golem-Crypt-of-Ul-Vir-the-mad-Patreon-Grid.png

Somewhere beneath the Machineries, Ul-Vir built a crypt where he keeps his failed golem and automaton designs.

Somewhere within these crypts is of course the MacGuffin that will reanimate the old warforged paladin the party is trying to work with.

Each of the statues (the stars in a circle) is another weird golem or automaton experiment by Ul-Vir. Most mount weird weaponry, additional sensory apparatus, extra arms, extra legs, tails, crossbows, and a variety of semi-functional oddities.

In a sunken pit twelve feet below floor level is an experimental version of one of Ul-Vir’s mightiest war golems – a 35 foot rusted monstrosity plated in heavy armour and bristling with strange armament. The heart of this machine is one of the last of Ul-Vir’s golemhearts – exactly the piece of hardware to bring back a dead warforged.

WEB-Wyvern-Temple-Patreon.png

We trekked through the Swamp of Forgotten Dreams and into The Jungle Beyond to find the old temple ruins. It turns out there’s a good reason to stay clear of that whole part of the Jungle Beyond. Wyverns. A whole damned family of them roosting on the temple ruins. They claw marks cover the whole structure, the stones scratched, gouged and torn down not by the erosion of weather, but of generations of these foul dragon-like beasts.

The Wyvern Temple is a multi-tiered structure, each tier about 7 feet above the one below. The “main” tier of the structure is thus about 21 feet above the level of the jungle, with additional structure reaching up another 30 feet into the low jungle canopy.

The whole structure is in ruins, built centuries ago and left for the jungle and the wyverns to destroy.

My-Private-Jakalla-Map-1U-Grid-Patreon.jpg

Well folks, this might well be the final map in the main level of the Undercity map. We’ve finally arrived at the basement of the Palace of the Realm where it sits on massive stone foundations jutting out into the river that defines the northern edge of the city. There are a few extensions that can be added onto the sewers around the edges of the map, but we’ll probably leave those so the map can be expanded upon for specific campaigns in the future.

The most prominent element of this map is the basement of the Palace of the Realm – one of the few structures with a fully planned basement and sub-basement. The only access from the basement to the rest of the undercity is a guarded and locked doorway into older ruins to the south that is also defended by a double portcullis.

The main section of the basement is a “small” temple dedicated to Thúmis (the patron of the governor’s clan), surrounded by chambers for staff and scribes as well as a moderate contingent of guards who keep track of the rare comings and goings into the ruins of the undercity.

my-private-jakalla-overview-u.jpg

This map only links via those same ruins to the south to map 1T. Multiple staircases lead up to the Palace of the Realm above as well as down to the lower levels of the palace (and potentially to more links to the lower levels of the undercity) below.

WEB-Heart-of-Darkling-Silver-Shrines-Patreon.png

This month’s addition to the Heart of Darkling takes us back up the Darkling to one of its tributaries and the Silver Shrines built upon it.

Inspired by dungeon architecture of Lord Kevin Campbell, these three shrines honour a set of underworld demigods unknown or at least worshiped under different names and forms on the surface. The main structure is a massive hemispherical dome built around the river itself, with shrines containing a silver statue of a demigod or godling along with an altar in each of the four niches in the room, all watched over by a massive silver eye statue on an elevated platform in the middle of the chamber.

The river flows through this chamber about 25 feet down from the floor of the chamber proper. Ladders on a few of the sides of the central structure allow for people to disembark from boats and climb into the chamber. Otherwise visitors can continue down to where a wide staircase leads down to the water.

The entire complex is “maintained” and run by a hive of exceptionally clever gazers who recite the stories of the godlings and their prayers and rituals. Perhaps something controls them from afar, or perhaps they really have ascended beyond the usual low intelligence of their kin...

WEB-The-Oracles-Grotto.png

There was a time when there was an oracle within the walls of the city, one who could see through all things to seek answers and who could even see into the future. But that was when the city was young and the buildings sparse.

The small cave and hot spring where the oracle once lived is now the basement of a shrine to the oracle and the few prophecies that were recorded. The cave that housed the hot mineral water springs have been expanded into a large set of underground hot baths that are open to the public for a small fee. It has become a pleasant place to come for a rejuvenating bath… if you can deal with the proselytizing about the oracle that comes with it.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I have purchased your map compendiums and feel that it was money *extremely* well spent - I need a map for something, I skim trough, I find something and *tada*! add to campaign. I've done this ... 5 times now? Huge time saver.

In some cases, it's not just time saving but it outright *adds* to the campaign because the ideas that come with the maps can either be used as if, or give me other ideas that I can use. Your goblin market is a proud part of my Yoon-Suin :)

Thank you so much for contributing a lot of your work to the gaming community!

Last edited:

Remove ads