Media [Podcast] On the Shoulders of Dwarves

Nnesk

Explorer
Hello all!
My name's Eran, and you might know me from the RPG webcomics Up to Four Players. Recently I've started a new endeavour: On the Shoulders of Dwarves, a weekly podcast about roleplaying games, providing advice for all and coming from a game-design perspective. (www.dwarfcast.net)

In every episode of 30-40 minutes, we take a topic and dissect it from various angle, asking why, how and when to use this tool, by both players and GMs. We aim to provide practical, usable advice, aimed at people who don't have all day, for those who don’t have the time to read a lot of text or check all the references. At the same time, we don’t assume you already know every game system, piece of mechanic, improv technique or theoretical concept that we mention, which is why we try to give plenty of introductions and explanations, hoping to always remain accessible to newcomers and veterans alike.

We’ve been doing the same for Israeli roleplayers for more than five years, with over 200 episodes. In our new English edition, we've already discussed topics such as: Retaining player attention, the varied uses of random encounters, and how to play in established canonical fiction, among others.

We welcome your questions and suggestions at show@dwarfcast.net.

Remove ads