Tenser's Floating Disc and Time Stop

Balfore

Explorer
What if you cast Time Stop, then move 100ft away.
How fast would the disk move to get to you?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MarkB

Legend
The disk has no particular speed limitations - it could follow a creature moving at 500 feet per round or more, given sufficiently smooth and open terrain - so, pretty fast. As DM, I'd go with the assumption that the spell is designed to bear cargo, so it will have limitations on its acceleration to prevent it from simply zipping out from beneath its load like a tablecloth pulled out from under the plates and glasses, so it won't be just an eyeblink of movement, but it could cover the distance in a couple of seconds once the Time Stop finishes.

Just as a side note, I'd consider free-standing creatures and objects to count as terrain for purposes of blocking the disk's path, so if you position yourself such that there's a dragon directly between you and the disk, it will navigate around the dragon if possible, and come to a halt if not. It will not zip straight through it like a massive infinitely-sharp shuriken.

Balfore

Explorer
The disk has no particular speed limitations - it could follow a creature moving at 500 feet per round or more, given sufficiently smooth and open terrain - so, pretty fast. As DM, I'd go with the assumption that the spell is designed to bear cargo, so it will have limitations on its acceleration to prevent it from simply zipping out from beneath its load like a tablecloth pulled out from under the plates and glasses, so it won't be just an eyeblink of movement, but it could cover the distance in a couple of seconds once the Time Stop finishes.

Just as a side note, I'd consider free-standing creatures and objects to count as terrain for purposes of blocking the disk's path, so if you position yourself such that there's a dragon directly between you and the disk, it will navigate around the dragon if possible, and come to a halt if not. It will not zip straight through it like a massive infinitely-sharp shuriken.
LOL... so no buzz-saw TFD...
So sad ;-)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Remove ads