D&D 5E Crowdsource: Herb Effects

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I'm a player in a 5e Tomb of Annihilation game. My monk happens to be proficient in herbalist pouch; and she also loves tobacco in any of it's forms (smoke, chew, dip, snuff, etc She might even ingest it - she loves food too). And now she's in a JUNGLE!

So I'm going to play this up for fun.

My ask of you all - what are some cool, odd, funny, or other mildly toxic effects of the herbs? If you want to add mechanical impacts, they should be very minor.

Here's a link to an Herb and Spice name generator.

Feel free to use the name generator and connect your effect with a name. Or not. Looking for jungle sounding names - like Bruise Nigella, or Qittugane, or Elephant Turmeric. Or Make Up Your Own!

http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/herb-names.php#.WlLjld-nEdU

Thanks!

aco175

Legend
Think of coffee flavors and names for those as well.

Monkey Bite: Banana leaves are used to roll a mixture of fig hearts and thought grass. This is smoked as a cigar would be. This increases blood flow throughout the body and initially adds +1 to perception checks for 1 minute. Overdosing on this, more than 3/day, creates a situation where your blood does not clot as well and you suffer 1hp extra damage for each hit you take. This lasts until you finish a long rest.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Mercy Nutmeg: The essential oil derived from the seed of the Myristica Requiesca tree has incredible antiseptic properties. A balm incorporating this oil can be applied to a deceased creature's flesh to preserve its condition so effectively as to even ward off magical decay. For one day after this balm is applied, the remains are protected from decay and undeath, as if affected by the Gentle Repose spell. Recently, it has been discovered that the Mercy Nutmeg oil is even effective at holding back the effects of the Death Curse. Each day that a creature that has previously been resurrected applies Mercy Nutmeg balm to its skin, that creature does not have its hit point maximum reduced.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Moon Vine - This luminous plant, (picked when flowering on a full moon) when mashed and applied to your hair makes it grow thicker for a more natural sheeemer

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Cinder Leaf - The tea steeped from this leaf leaves a nutty and almost oily texture on the tongue and throat. When inhaling smoke or other toxins, it provides some relief.

The Prickleberry - causes skin rashes for a few days when applied, with no other negative effects. Mainly used by younglings in the middle of the night with pranks on their mind.

Sun Leaves

Dried and grinded to fine powder thosr leaves can be thrown into an open flame, causing onlookers to be blinded for a few seconds.
Extracted with alcohol the oil of those leaves can be applied to a torch making it glow twice as bright but reducing it to ashes in 10 minutes instead of 6 hours.

Voort

Explorer
Nofo Petal:

A powdery pink flower petal. Stains your fingertips reddish when touched. Can be smoked for a mild narcotic effect that leaves one feeling a great thirst.

Remove ads