Gestalt Character Help

Hey, all. My online group is running an experimental one-shot this week; 5 players each using a gestalt build, level 4, running through a premade scenario. So far, 3 players have decided on characters: a human Barbarian (Zealot)/Paladin (Oath of Vengeance), a human Fighter (Gunslinger )/Rogue (Scout), and a tiefling Warlock (Hexblade)/Shadow Sorcerer.

I think I am going to go with an elven Fighter (Arcane Archer)/Mystic (Nomad). I like the idea of a mobile, teleporting archer, but I also want to be able to support my group as much as possible, especially since one group member, who will be absent, was given the job of building the big bad, which is apparently a Barbarian /Mystic monstrosity. I get the choice of four Mystic disciplines, and while two are definitely going to be Nomadic Arrow and Nomadic Step, I am unsure what to pick for the last two. Mastery of Light and Darkness would help me team up with the Warlock/Sorcerer, while Mantle of Fury could help out much of the party, and Predestination could make me much harder to hit.

Does anyone have any experience playing a Mystic to help me out with my final picks, or advice on how to optimize my character further? Any advice would be appreciated, and thanks!

Remove ads