D&D 5E No Magic Shops!

Teulisch

First Post
lets see... common magic items, 50gp and a week to make (base price 100gp), and ingredients are from creatures of CR 3 or less... and humans can just have magic initiate, so a significant number of people will have access to cantrips and 1st level spells, regardless of class or level. which means demand for certain ingredients, and thus quests on the job-board for adventurers. the DMG puts a limit of 1st level spells on common magic items, so that lines up. actual price from 50gp to 150gp. and scrolls are even cheaper to make.

honestly, i would say that common magic items should be availible anywhere the more expensive regular gear can be found (full plate, breastplate, spyglass, poison vial, ect). so any good sized town should have somewhere that has a few for sale. and you can bet that somewhere, a barkeep is getting a kickback when he sends someone over that actually buys one.

uncommon magic items, maybe a big city will have one or two. anything more rare will just not be found in stores, but it depends on your setting.

so yes, there should be a magic item shop. it should mostly just have common magic items, and maybe a couple of uncommon ones. but there is no standard list of what they minght have.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
What’s weird IMO is thinking that every quote of your words means someone is talking directly to you. That’s a bit Narcissistic IMO.
From the posting side, sometimes when I quote-and-reply to someone I'm speaking more or less directly to that person as part of a discussion between us; in full knowledge others can read it and chime in should they so desire.

At other times, of which this post is one example, I'm just using the quoted bit as a jumping-off point for what I have to say to the group/thread at large.

Hussar

Legend
Given your stated positions in many threads, I'd believe that the broken functionalities would need to be quite a bit worse before you'd begin to consider the cost for blocking too high. Not a dig, just an observation that your priorities are heavily on the sude for blocking.

Yet, despite being outspoken and hardly one to be shy about arguing, I find that I very rarely run into the blocking bug issues. It does happen from time to time, but, honestly very rarely.

In other words, while I might be an annoying idiot from time to time, I’m not so annoying that it causes numerous people to block me.

If your board experience runs into the block bugs multiple times per day, perhaps a bit of self examination might be in order.

Hussar

Legend
What are your strategies for not being blocked? We can assume no rule breaking as given.

Well, this is an interesting question.

In no particular order:

1. Be willing to admit fault. If you make a mistake, own it and move on.

2. Don’t play silly buggers semantic games. If your first response is to link to Dictionary.com, you’ve already lost.

3. Be willing to walk away. Hit that unsubscribe button to a thread when you realize that you are no longer going to make forward progress.

4. Do not accuse people of misrepresenting your points. Simply explain your points in a different way. Other people are not obligated to understand your point. You are obligated to make your point in such a way that it is clearly understood by others.

5. Realize that there are some people you will never be able to discuss with and stop attempting to engage with them.

Hussar

Legend
Heh. It’s funny the discussion about responding to quotes. I just did it twice as prett direct responses to questions that were asked.

Were they for general consumption? Sure. But the were also pretty direct responses as well.

And that’s not counting section by section quote responses. How could that possibly be taken as anything other than s direct response?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Heh. It’s funny the discussion about responding to quotes. I just did it twice as prett direct responses to questions that were asked.

Were they for general consumption? Sure. But the were also pretty direct responses as well.

And that’s not counting section by section quote responses. How could that possibly be taken as anything other than s direct response?
Normally when I see a post that has quoted someone and broken it down to a dozen smaller quotes to respond to each sentence, I skip it. Ain't no one got time for that.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
And cbwjm blocked me for some reason. Maybe because I respond in smaller quotes and "Ain't no one got time for that." :lol:

Last edited:

Remove ads