Minotaur Fighter?

MakerCaker

First Post
Hey, guys. I've recently created a new character, a minotaur fighter who uses his horns in combat. Here it is:

Kyris Bloodborn, Fighter 5, Minotaur, Lawful Neutral, Conqueror/Spy for the Minotaurs, Brute Martial Archetype

Does anyone have any ideas to improve/optimize this character? Maybe help me come up with the ability scores and skills? Multiclassing?
Thanks!

CTurbo

Explorer
Cool I've never played a Minotaur before. I think they'd make a great Fighter. You could make a Grappler out of him. That way you can hold a guy down and gore him to death with your horns. Battle Master would be fun to add maneuvers to your horn attacks. Sentinel would be a great feat to have. You could even carry a Shield and still have a hand free.

Not sure I would bother multiclassing.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Well, if you were keen on a grappler, you potentially could multi-class rogue for expertise in athletics checks to make it that much harder to escape your grasp. Also a big scary Minotaur that gores you is even more scary when it can bonus action dash even closer to you.

Seems like a cool build, and the brute UA subclass would fit it well.

I don't have any books with me right now so I can't suggest what a good stat line would be or anything technical for that matter.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Brute is a nice sbclass, but you might get more mileage out of one of the others.

Have you thought about Eldritch Knight? You can carry a shield and still have a hand free for casting, with War Magic at 7th level you can cast a cantrip and still get a gore attack. Actually, your horns explicitly count as a melee weapon so you can do things like use them with Booming Blade and Green Flame Blade, with Eldritch Strike to grant disadvantage on saves (EK 10th) and the like.

If you do want to go grappling and goring like [MENTION=6855234]CTurbo[/MENTION] suggested, Champion's Remarkable Athlete adds nicely to your Athletics checks.

CTurbo

Explorer
Horns being a melee weapon opens up all kids of fun options like Booming Blade/GFB mentioned above and some fun Battle Master maneuvers. Lunging Attack would be fun trying to explain lol

Remove ads