dnd4e when i use Revenant,hp down to 0 or below,so
Unnatural Vitality:you can choose to be dazed instead of falling Unconscious,
so i use Superior Will to save the daze,
i think i release my daze and can take actions as normal
but my dm consider i will falling unconscious when my Revenant save the daze。
which opinion is right?

MoutonRustique

Explorer
This is pretty difficult to parse - and this difficulty is probably why you've not gotten any useful responses.

If I'm understanding correctly :
As a revenant, when you drop to 0 hp, you have the option to become dazed instead of becoming unconscious.

The feat superior will allows you to save against a dazed effect even when the effect does not end on a save.

Ruling: per RAW (Rule As Written), you are correct. Per RAI (Rule As Intended), ... it's a bit harder to say. On one hand, there's a very strong tradition of not being able to counter self-imposed penalties. On the other hand, it's pretty easy to see how having that feat would allow for that kind of grit.

Personal take: Not sure!
I tend to err on the side of the player. BUT I really dislike being able to counter costs or drawbacks (self-inflected penalties in general). Also, Superior Will is already a crazy strong feat (to the point of being almost mandatory) so I'm leery of giving it even more utility...
Final answer : I'd probably not allow the use of Superior Will, but yeah... I'd probably look at how that character is faring compared to the others - if I felt it lagged behind a bit, I'd allow it. If the character already dominated, I'd not allow it.

It's a hard one!

MwaO

Adventurer
dnd4e when i use Revenant,hp down to 0 or below,so
Unnatural Vitality:you can choose to be dazed instead of falling Unconscious,
so i use Superior Will to save the daze,
i think i release my daze and can take actions as normal
but my dm consider i will falling unconscious when my Revenant save the daze。
which opinion is right?

It is kind of unclear. But I'd rule you fall unconscious. You can choose to be dazed. If you're not dazed, you're unconscious.

masteraleph

Explorer
As others have noted- it's unclear. But even without it, Revenant cheese is plenty powerful- Death's Quickening gives you the minor action, Ghostly Vitality in Epic removes most of Dazed's disadvantages, and Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness gives you major resistance below 0hp.

Remove ads