DDAL Merging the DDAL forum with the 5E forum

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This forum is very quiet, and its moderator is no longer a DDAL admin. In a few days, I'll be merging this forum in with the main 5E forum; all DDAL threads will be tagged for filtering/sorting.

Motorskills

Explorer
I think that's a good idea. Threads specifically for AL could have a [DDAL] prefix or something.

I still think consideration of a sub-forum where the content (etc) of the individual hardbacks can be discussed would be worthwhile, it's all very scattered and hard to find / search right now.

Last edited:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I wonder - because I don't have access to the data - if the amount of quietness on this forum is correlated with any external event(s)?
Hypothesis: season-defining elements (such as the Death Curse or the Mists of Barovia) that hinder character portability might drive part-time players away from AL for that Season.

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
The main things to talk about for 5e are house rules and future rules. Neither of those is particularly relevant for AL.

Most questions are calling for 'Official' clarification and that works better on the official Facebook groups.

jasper

Rotten DM
I wonder - because I don't have access to the data - if the amount of quietness on this forum is correlated with any external event(s)?
Hypothesis: season-defining elements (such as the Death Curse or the Mists of Barovia) that hinder character portability might drive part-time players away from AL for that Season.
I would have to disagree with you on the season elements. I have run Season 4, and current doing the hard back TOA. Both times I had lots of interest. This time I had to go with a waiting list for players to sit at my table.
I would like a (ddal) tag please Morrus.
One good thing about the site which the FB sites don't match, Is my posts don't get buried quickly. Most people who response do point out my bad calls in a nice way. Also one thread gives an over view of the season.

RCanine

First Post
I would have to disagree with you on the season elements.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when Season 7 came out I took up Starfinder, and only started playing AL again after they announced the "Waiting it out" option for season 7. Permadeath in organized play is ludicrous, IMO. I also had a character stuck in Barovia, and missed out on a whole convention worth of content because I couldn't make it out.

CapnZapp

Legend
This forum is very quiet, and its moderator is no longer a DDAL admin. In a few days, I'll be merging this forum in with the main 5E forum; all DDAL threads will be tagged for filtering/sorting.
How do you most easily start from the standard 5E forum overview (list of threads)

...and end up with a list that only includes the former DDAL forum threads? (Which specific sequence of clicks and keyboard inputs get you there fastest? Separate answers for desktop, mobile skin and ENWorld App users would be much appreciated)

Thanks

PS. This thread should probably be categorized as a DDAL thread :)

CapnZapp

Legend
Let me start myself, with one quick way for desktop users:

* scroll to the bottom of the web page
* Under "Thread Display Options" find "Prefix"
* select DDAL (a subheading of 5E) and click "show threads"

Is this your preferred way too? :)

How about mobile and app methods?

Remove ads