Ad popup!

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I was just assaulted by this piece of ad-noise:

Congratulations!

Amazon.com User!

You've been selected for a chance to get the $1000 Amazon Gift Card, Apple iPhone X 256G or Samsung Galaxy S8!

Please click OK to claim your reward before it expires!

Some unscrupulous ad provider is injecting unwanted Javascript into the Enworld pages.

not sure what can be done but thought you should know. The ad placer was some bible pusher.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Just got it again. It took me here:
HTML:
http://rewardinheaven.club/us_amazon_amazon500/index.html?voluumdata=deprecated&eda=deprecated&cep=F6PSCNcHqt2_oP7Ag9D9OAsTFKgubELV-zKSm8oGDJ4h8qAKGHCVFpP-LdujFNNlH-Hak3-DRC3e-4gtGjofbizhFOARx2CSyQOl7_zNNgjSY926PwiVQLReD5OE5cjItBuv8zCrK31yXYwM7OSDWMfyIhkr3FwVvwcxntHCQLh-brTTL7CVI14K9s4LOuhp4H3Y7yCJVchzNOySZqSCZOAfl-NVqvq41q5Ck6Ep95J8hWGEcuGZYw_nJHK6aKj8tfMm9W64cG7uCiReqatnFnCSSC6MLnAYjNz8hZBbhJjX9_KBERDZbI1I-slLYNP3&siteid=MTUyMDk5NjUwNF8xODE5NzA5MF8xMjc0ODUwMjAx&sitedomain=%7Bsitedomain%7D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yup, not us. You got yourself virused or malware from somewhere. Best run a virus check and run an anti-malware tool of some kind.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Ha - this is happening on an iPad. And only on enworld.

But good to know it’s not a general problem.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
Still could be a dns hijack or host name hack. It does seem unlikely that you’d get it so consistently and there not being a lot of other folks getting it as well.

Still looking.

Remove ads