Exalted

Ferret

Explorer
First off I have no idea where this topic should go, so I put it here because it's about the rules.

I've got an Exalted character sheet, I can fill in the basics(Just) But I'm going to have trouble doing the other parts, so could someone please help me?

I'm going to go and do some Art homework now, and then fill in the sheet ok?

Staffan

Legend
Well, Exalted isn't D&D so this should probably go in General. Also, you might want to wait a little more than two hours before complaining about not getting an answer.

About your problem, I think filling in the character sheet is rather adequately explained in the character creation section of the Exalted core book. You decide on a character concept, Nature and Caste, prioritize attribute categories (Physical, Mental and Social), split up your 8/6/4 dots between them, select five favored skills (in addition to the five caste skills), split up 10 dots among your favored and caste skills (no more than three in any one), split up a further 15 dots among all skills (including favored and caste), split up 5 dots among your Virtues, 7 dots in Backgrounds, and get 10 charms. You also have 15 bonus points to spend at any time during chargen, with various types of dots costing different amounts of bonus points.

Ferret

Explorer
No more help? Thats ok I s'pose, but more help would be nice, specificly: What back grounds can I have? What do my virtues do? How does anima work? What charms can I do?

Note: I don't want illegal stuff, Just the gist.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Moved to GD.

And your Virtues can help you succeed (better) at tasks that are related to the Virtue in question. The higher a Virtue, the more it can potentially help and the more often you can use it for this purpose.
(If you know any other Storyteller game: When spending a Willpower point for an automatic success, you can instead spend a Willpower point and roll a number of bonus dice equal to an appropriate Virtue. Obviously, you won't want to do that if it's unlikely that you'll score more than one success; e.g., if you have a Conviction of 1, you'll better spend Willpower for an automatic success than for rolling Conviction.)

Oh, and Virtues also have an effect on your behavior. For example, if you succeed at a Valor check, you can stand your ground instead of running away when charged by a horde of undead. And if you have a high Compassion and a low Conviction, you'll have a hard time killing somebody in cold blood. (I think you can spend Willpower to act against your natural impulses, but don't quote me on that.)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Ferret said:
What back grounds can I have?

I don't have Exalted, but there are some fairly generic WW backgrounds:

Resources: how much moolah you can muster
Contacts: how many people can you get info from
Allies: how powerful are your friends
Mentor: how powerful is your teacher / sensai / sire

-- N

clark411

First Post
Artifact- Get a nifty item, or get several slightly less nifty ones.
Allies- You have people to call upon, who may also call on you.
Backing- You've got rank, and that means you've got push.
Contacts- Hey, you need info or a friend in the right place? You got it.
Familiar- Pet or really big and intelligent war beast... you're points decide along with your ST.
Followers- Normal people who just like being lead by you.
Resources- Buy stuff. If you want a sword, better get some of this.
Manse- Recharge rapidly in the comfort of your own citadel of power.. or abroad with the help of a hearthstone artifact (see Artifact)
Mentor- Mr Miyagi, Socrates or... the wise janitor?? up to your points.

tetsujin28

First Post
Exalted doesn't use money, so the Resources background can be vital. Unless you like playing a starving-artist type, you can't go wrong with putting 3-5 dots in it.

Apok

First Post
Your specific Anima power depends on what Caste you are. For example, Dawn Caste Solars can cause their anima to make them appear as terrifying apparitions of power, causing mortals to either flee outright or suffer penalties in combat. Twilight Caste can use their Anima like a shield to soak damage, Eclipse Caste can use theirs to enforce a bargain with the power of the Gods, etc. There's also an Anima stat at the top of the sheet where you list what your totemic Anima banner looks like. When Exalts spend enough points of Peripheral Essence, their Animas start to flare up in various stages of impressiveness. At the highest level, their Anima takes on a totemic form, which can be an animal, object, or something really funky (one of my players used the Cheshire Cat as his Anima totem).

As far as charms go, you'll really need the book for this. All Solar Exalts start play with 10 Charms, but there are plenty to pick from. Go to White-Wolf's website and you can download the Solar "charm cards" in pdf format.

The Sidereal fatsplat is only a month away... yay! :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases