A novel way to destroy an artifact?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I think the greatest revenge, is to have the characters get wind that there will be an attack on the city. As they rush back to warn them, and come within sight of the city. They see that tidal wave coming in to destroy the entire lower half of the city, and realize this is their fault.

Weeeeelllllllllll

You know that warlock that followed the Krakens (but didn't really realize?). In a previous adventure, he was coaxed to destroy a large rune in a hidden cavern on a island off the coast. Turns out that the rune was part of a defensive network around the Yellow City (the slugmen are skilled magic users, and have been at war with the Krakens a long time). So, because of that breach, followers of the Krakens can "squeeze through" and currently the squidmen (said servants) have been attacking the city and thousands have died already.

Initially these attacks were meant as a distraction while the Kraken's followers completed their scheme in the Firestorm Peak, but the heroes found out something was going on there and raced to stop it (successfully). The Eye of the Kraken was an item wielded by the head cultist that gave him great power - and allowed the Kraken to keep an eye on things, *literally*.

Now that the Firestorm Peak plot has unraveled, the Krakens have decided to go all out and the attacks have become far more serious. Should their followers be able to breach the defences and destroy on of the inner runes, the entire network of wards will collapse, and the Krakens will be able to attack the city directly.

Also, there are a few cultists inside the city. They have been doing spying and sabotage (dangerous work - some have already been caught and executed), but they may be directed to try to murder the PCs - esp the warlock...

P.S. I should mention that this is in the Yoon Suin setting, although the specific details about the Kraken's plans, the runes etc is my stuff.

Last edited:

Remove ads