[PF2] Legendary or Magical

Which do you prefer...

• The rogue jumpted out of the tower, and used his legendary skill to land safely on the ground

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • The rogue jumpted out of the tower, and used his magical ability to land safely on the ground.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Something else (comment below).

Votes: 2 8.7%

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I have to say, I'm a bit surprised by the poll result. I expected something closer to an even split.

And while the sample size is still fairly small, it bodes well for the skill feats.

It's not that surprising, since both the pro-Legendary Feats and anti-Legendary Feats camp want rogues to not be magical. That's why I say I think the poll misses the crux of the disagreement.

mellored

Legend
I’d ask something along the lines of “the rogue jumped out of the tower and landed safely on the ground. Is this possible without an act of magic?”
• Yes
• No
Meh..
That doesn't really tell what people prefer for their justification.

If I was doing another poll, I would have...

A rogue jumped out of a tall tower and
* lands safely due to his legendary skill (catfall).
* lands safely due to his magical spell (feather fall).
* lands safely due to his magical item (ring of feather fall).
* lands safely due to his supernatural/ki/psionic ability (slow fall).
* dies because of physics (realistic fall).
* other.

But as is, legendary skill is so far ahead that I see no reason to remake it. There's only a noisy few who disagree with PF's direction.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Meh..
That doesn't really tell what people prefer for their justification.

If I was doing another poll, I would have...

A rogue jumped out of a tall tower and
* lands safely due to his legendary skill (catfall).
* lands safely due to his magical spell (feather fall).
* lands safely due to his magical item (ring of feather fall).
* lands safely due to his supernatural/ki/psionic ability (slow fall).
* dies because of physics (realistic fall).
* other.
* Hits the ground, takes enough damage to kill a small dragon, but gets up runs off without so much as a slight limp (hit points).

Last edited:

Andor

First Post
> Something else (comment below).

Seriously though, if I'm playing the rogue, I don't want to jump from the tower using ability or magic unless its something like a 10 foot fall or maybe higher if I'm going to land in a hay wagon or water. Part of the fun playing a rogue, to me, is to succeed in normal and plausible ways. A super-heroic or magical rogue, to me, makes the rogue less interesting.

In every edition of D&D a rogue can jump off of a tower of (HD-1)10' tall with a pretty good chance of walking away to heal his bruises. 20th level Rogue jumping off a 100' tower? No trouble at all. Is that less realistic than the fact that you can stab someone with a spork hard enough to do as much damage as someone jumping off a 100' tower?

Remove ads