BAB and my befuddled brain

Gray Lensman

Explorer
I am having brain cramps, it's a gestalt build.

Rogue 2/Bard 8/Sublime Chord 2/Abjurant Champion 5/Sublime Chord +3///Duskblade 13/Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 7

What is my freaking BAB? esp. at levels 19 and 20

Save me someone:blush:

Last edited:

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
I am having brain cramps, it's a gestalt build.

Rogue 2/Bard 8/Sublime Chord 2/Abjurant Champion 5/Sublime Chord +3///Duskblade 13/Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 7

What is my freaking BAB? esp. at levels 19 and 20

Save me someone:blush:

Take the better progression from the two classes (current and new class) as you level.

So the BAB is going to be entirely dependent on what classes you took and when you took them in order. I've never tried figuring it out without knowing that first.

Thanks,
KB

Gray Lensman

Explorer

Due to Duskblade 13 on one side and Abjurant Champion 5 properly timed on the other side I have BAB +18 at 18th level. I've got this part.

level 19 Sublime Chord 4 (BAB +2)///Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 6 (BAB +3)
level 20 Sublime Chord 5 (BAB +2)///Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 7 (BAB +3)

Both classes hit a new point of BAB at Level 19. So I guess I end up with BAB +19 at both 19th and 20th level?

Gray Lensman

Explorer
40, 20 on each side.

The VA sent my ADD meds to the wrong address and I am having a hard time focusing.

I know I have 18 at 18th level, but can't seem to figure the last 2. I either have +19 at both 19th and 20th levels or I have +20 at both levels?

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
40, 20 on each side.

The VA sent my ADD meds to the wrong address and I am having a hard time focusing.

I know I have 18 at 18th level, but can't seem to figure the last 2. I either have +19 at both 19th and 20th levels or I have +20 at both levels?

After 20 total levels you stop calculating BAB normally.

So here's an example.

A 15th level fighter (BAB +15/+10/+5)
A 15th level wizard (BAB +7/+2)
A 10th level cleric (BAB +7/+2)

Would be calculated as:

total BAB of +17 (+15 from fighter, +2 from wizard, +0 from cleric)

However after 20 total levels you start accruing epic bonuses at the rate of +1 every two levels after 21st. So if you have forty levels that's an additional +10

Final stack given additional attacks would be +27/+22/+17/+12

Content comes from Reddit post but it's fundamentally accurate given 3.5 rules.
Link: https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/18601/base-attack-bonus-stacks

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
It is a Gestat build

Ok, so merge the two posts.

1. Map out the progression of the classes. You're taking two classes at every level instead of one.
2. Take the best progression from the two classes at the time you level.
3. Two prestige classes can never be leveled at the same time. (two base classes or a base and a prestige only)

Based on how I'm reading your explanation above, you don't advance in BAB beyond 19. However, you're leveling two prestige classes at the same time which is against RAW.

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
19 it is then, Thanks.

And with this dm we can take two PRCs at a time.

That's cool. Sorry for being a pain in the rear. Somewhere between A and B I forgot about gestalt.

If it's me in that scenario though I see if the +19 is valid given his house ruling and see if I can get the extra +1.

Remove ads