ZEITGEIST Huhoad

jeffh

Adventurer
Okay, what the heck is a "huhoad"? I take it it's some sort of extraplanar monster, but that's about it. I ask because one shows up without explanation, as though the reader is supposed to already know what it is, near the beginning of adventure 11 (3.5 version). Even Google doesn't turn up anything about this beastie.

I just skipped this bit, as it seems rather tacked-on, but I still want to know what it is and how I was supposed to know that.

EDIT: Also, a bit later in the same adventure, it says the stats for the biomantic digesters can be found in appendix B, but they aren't there. Nor is there any clear indication how a "biomantic" critter differs from a regular one.

Last edited:

Tormyr

Adventurer
Okay, what the heck is a "huhoad"? I take it it's some sort of extraplanar monster, but that's about it. I ask because one shows up without explanation, as though the reader is supposed to already know what it is, near the beginning of adventure 11 (3.5 version). Even Google doesn't turn up anything about this beastie.

I just skipped this bit, as it seems rather tacked-on, but I still want to know what it is and how I was supposed to know that.

EDIT: Also, a bit later in the same adventure, it says the stats for the biomantic digesters can be found in appendix B, but they aren't there. Nor is there any clear indication how a "biomantic" critter differs from a regular one.

The huhhoad is a 3.5 OGL creature created by Ogdoad in roughly 2004. You are missing an "H", which is why your Google search is coming up empty. I think you aren't really supposed to know what it is as it is fairly obscure (which I suppose works for an extraplanar creature).

Biomantic is more of a description than a template that is applied to monsters. They are in appendix B of the Complete Campaign under "Biomantic Digester, Advanced".

Yeah, sometimes you just need to make a weird monster. That said, I didn't personally work on adventure 11, so it's style might be a little inconsistent with the rest of the campaign.

Remove ads